Simano Caenan

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Matt_Stothers
Participant
Participant

Simano Caenan

Post by Matt_Stothers »

Just curious to see if anyone has one of these reels. I've read a few reviews and as usual they are really mixed. I currently have a few Citicas a Currado and one Kinetic PT but I was hoping to save some money and pick up a cheaper reel for one of the rods I rarely use.

Opinions?
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

I don't think anyone has had one of these long enough to give you a full review since they came out in late fall.

I wasn't too impressed with the Caenan, personally I would pay the extra $25-$30 for a Citica, I think the HEG gearing and super-free are worth the extra cash.

Just my opinion.
Matt_Stothers
Participant
Participant

Post by Matt_Stothers »

That's pretty well what I'm expecting to hear. It seems like it's going to be really tough to beat the bang for the buck of the Citica.
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

I gotta agree with that for now.
I checked them both out last night (again) yes, I should just buy the damn thing and get it over with... but then I'd stop looking.. :D

For the extra $35, (thats the price difference I saw) the citica is tried and true, not to mention the bonuses biggs mentions. I don;t think anyone buying the Citica is going to regret spending the extra $35.

That's gas for one outing...
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Caenen

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Guy's, was just chatting to Bob Izumi on his way up the 416 heading for Sail this afternoon and we spoke of fishing with the Caenen over the summer.

I had a pro type early in the season and he used it one day while we were fishing and was blown away that a $100 reel would be that easy to use.

He also commented that he could probably get by with them as tournament reels on what he experienced with them last summer and I have to say that I agree...

Both those reels are great products for the price point...GREAT. :D

Enjoy

BIG JIM