Ice Fishing Show

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Ice Fishing Show

Post by Wallyboss »

Great show that you guys put on.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

100 % agreed Mr boss man nice meeting you also! Notice i said MR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Too bad I didn't get to meet more of you. It was a good event. I'm glad I went. The only place where I see room for improvement is in allowing more time for questions, otherwise very informative show...I think you sold a vexilar!

Yannick
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Had a GR8 time.... nice to meet some more FH'ers!
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Had a great time, always great reconnecting with some dudes I don't get to see often these days. Tim, RJ, Gord and His Largeness were informative as always, dishing out both tips/tricks with the odd hilarious stories thrown in for good measure.

Let me say this, if you haven't picked up Tim's book yet - Ice Fishing, The Ultimate Guide - you're missing out. I'm leafing thru mine right now and it's gonna be my new bible. Make sure you add this book to your Xmas list, it's available at Chapter's and a myriad of tackle shops in the Ottawa area. Kudos to Tim :D

Don
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Shure was a very great show tonight :) .
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

What a great show ! Very empressed by the presentation and all of the topics where helpfull and extremely intresting. I also purchased Tim's book and started reading a couple of pages and really looking forward to it. Was great meeting fellow Fhawkers it's always a pleasure and can't wait to ice fish with some of you. 8)

What an evening it was !
|Dore|
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

great night !! thanks to all the spokes people and lets not forget Jim Tubmans for the confortable place to host the event. Nice meeting some new faces hopefully do a fish hawk day on the ice in the future :D
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

bucketmouth wrote:Had a great time, always great reconnecting with some dudes I don't get to see often these days. Tim, RJ, Gord and His Largeness were informative as always, dishing out both tips/tricks with the odd hilarious stories thrown in for good measure.

Let me say this, if you haven't picked up Tim's book yet - Ice Fishing, The Ultimate Guide - you're missing out. I'm leafing thru mine right now and it's gonna be my new bible. Make sure you add this book to your Xmas list, it's available at Chapter's and a myriad of tackle shops in the Ottawa area. Kudos to Tim :D

Don
I got 2 of those books from Gord the week they came out. And the Bible has found a place within arm reach of my throne, funny that i am in the icefishing position while reading it hehehe

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ice Show

Post by Super »

It was a great show.
One idea for the next show is for everyone to introduce themselves with their Fish-Hawk name and their real name.
I am surprised to see the list of the guys who are above me in this post and I would have liked to have met them.
David
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Ice Show

Post by Wallyboss »

Super wrote:It was a great show.
One idea for the next show is for everyone to introduce themselves with their Fish-Hawk name and their real name.
I am surprised to see the list of the guys who are above me in this post and I would have liked to have met them.
David
I agree we should've written our F-H name on the tickets for the draws. Seems like a majority of us won something. I met a couple of guys last night that i had never met and if we meet again I will probably say something like " I know you from somewhere but I can't place you" My memory for names is really bad . There was one guy last night that I saw 3-4 times and said to myself ( where did I see him b4) and said to myself I'll go talk to him during a break and then forgot to do that. I think it was from catfishing at Vic. Island.
It was also nice to meet our youngest Fishing Video star, nice pikes you caught there and like other people said you are a natural.

FowlDawg
Participant
Participant

Re: Ice Show

Post by FowlDawg »

Wallyboss wrote:
Super wrote:It was a great show.
David
I agree we should've written our F-H name on the tickets for the draws. Seems like a majority of us won something. I met a couple of guys last night that i had never met and if we meet again I will probably say something like " I know you from somewhere but I can't place you" My memory for names is really bad . There was one guy last night that I saw 3-4 times and said to myself ( where did I see him b4) and said to myself I'll go talk to him during a break and then forgot to do that. I think it was from catfishing at Vic. Island.
It was also nice to meet our youngest Fishing Video star, nice pikes you caught there and like other people said you are a natural.

Ditto!

Thanks again to Big Jim and the rest for putting together a great show.
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes;
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more
- Lord Byron
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

great idea

Post by Big Jim »

Noted...stick on name badges on order for the next one...probably just before the bass season and maybe even a bit bigger.

Thanks for coming out!!! :D 8) :D

BIG JIM
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Thanks guys, had a great time :)
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

It was an awesome night.....great chattin' with a few of you folks as well! :D :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"