EZjigger for Ice Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

EZjigger for Ice Fishing

Post by fiiish »

This little gizmo adds some movement to your stationary lure.
Looks like this might be a better alternative to dead sticking your second rod when ice fishing.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HKCFBbM_Vd0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

Any of the local shops carry this?

Has anyone here ever tried one for ice fishing?

Opinions?

ezjigger.com
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Seen these on the net before and heard that they don't hold up very long in the cold weather.

I have caught lots of fish on the dead stick and tip down, so I am in no hurry to stop using them.
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

as for the autmatic jigger....try a windlass tip up.

now that smallie has shoulders!! that's a monters !
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

yep i am there to...windless tip up..are great.

jigger......mmm man thats the only thing we do sit on a bucket and jig.....if you take the jiging part out..what are we gone to do..hahaha

joco
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

joco wrote:jigger......mmm man thats the only thing we do sit on a bucket and jig.....if you take the jiging part out..what are we gone to do..hahaha
Sometimes I will drill 2 holes and double jig. ;)
But if I'm fishing with a friend inside a tent, I'm not going to drill 4 holes inside the tent.
I will drill 2 holes inside the tent and 2 more just outside the tent.
I will usually put a bell on the outside rod, but since I try not to use live bait, the lure doesn't move by itself.
The plan would be to use the EZjigger on the outside rod.

I've never tried a windlass but the idea is the same except you use batteries and a motor instead of wind to move your lure.

I'm trying to stay away from dead sticking in the Ottawa river because you will end up catching mud puppies. Image
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

truw for the sec rod sher.

you can make you own to....wiper motor plus batterie plus some cams...but would be a bit bigger. :lol: :lol:

joco
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

I HATE deleting posts... but if some people get scandalized by others posts and chose to take issue with others I have little choice.

BA... don't say handicap.
Woodsman... don't roll your eyes!
katch moore... don't say stupid unless he is related to you.

To everyone:

Instead of belly aching to no one in particular, please send us a PM if you have an issue with something that is posted. What offends you may not offend a mod unless it is read it twice... so some things will slip by. Use the "Report Abuse" button at the top of the page. Don't post passive aggressive pot shots. It only serves to debase the thread you are posting on and this site in general.

Thanks guys!

Craig
katch moore wrote:
Bass Addict wrote:
Woodsman wrote: I'm sure that comment will draw some negative reaction. :roll: :roll:
Hmmmmm...........Somewhat strange remark

Not too worried about the Negative remarks made about Bob Izumi's Daughter......But mine got your attention.. :? :? :?
There's a big difference between you stereotyping handicaps and people expressing what they feel about Mariko's show.

I didn't want to hijack this thread but this guy does this all the time and nobody (mods) do anything. He writes a stupid remark that is not relevant to the topic.