Fishing Report - October 19,2010

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fishing Report - October 19,2010

Post by Superdad »

Launched the Superdad on Tuesday and headed out with RedCapBert and laker John to see what we could see and catch. Got to the yellow can between Shermans and Thompsons and started marking a LOT of fish.

Trolled to Thompsons and found the fish from 36' and deeper, all the way up and down the Reach. Large schools of baitfish surrounded by really big marks on the graph. Unfortunately they weren't biting.

Trolled from 0900 to 1330, with a little jigging and a little spinner and worm rigging(to get out of the wind) and the total catch was a 3lb sheepshead and 8 inch perch.

The water temp in Hay Bay was 56 degs and the water temp in Long Reach was 55 degs, still kinda warm.......

No fishing until Nov as the social calendar has filled up.

Stay Tuned

David aka Superdad
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Thanks for the update Superdad - sounds a lot like my first Fall trip a week ago, except water temperatures have dropped about 5 degrees.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Fishing Report - October 19,2010

Post by cprince »

Superdad wrote: The water temp in Hay Bay was 56 degs and the water temp in Long Reach was 55 degs, still kinda warm.......
Those larger bodies of water do take a while to change! The little lake I was in on Tuesday was at 50f to 51f. I will bet that it will be in steady 40s by the time this cold weather passes through.

Thanks for the report and I look forward to your next one!

Craig