dead or alive musky?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

dead or alive musky?

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkUYmpp-5js?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Humm...they claim it was released and lived...I personally doubt it....after three minutes out of the water, being kicked around, measured, still photos, having all the slime rubbed of pics at the front and rear of the boat and then being released into water that choked out.....

Some of the worst handling I've seen to date.

Common sense says.... :roll: :roll:
Kovalchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by Kovalchuk »

i vote dead :(
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

ya probably dead, and what a shame. an absolute monster
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
tombiosis
Participant
Participant

Post by tombiosis »

What a beast!
It may have lived...but they certainly should have handled it better, (and quicker), and brought it out to deeper colder water to release.
You can see right at the end of the vid the fish is starting to kick a little stronger, but it is pointed into weeds in about 11" of water...had it been pointed the other way, it may have started to get the oxygen it needs to survive.
I hope it made it. :-(
Does anyone where where this was?
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

Dead or alive, what a bunch of d-bags.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

I can't see the vid at work, but is there any chance this was taken under the 416 bridge on the Rideau River? Single console Legend boat, cream/off-white colour, the guys were using a small bass net (round basket).
I was fishing there a few weeks ago and we witnessed a few guys bass fishing but they hooked into a muskie of nice size. They must have killed it, as it was out of the water for a good 5+ minutes. They even asked us "Can we keep muskie?!?!"... sheesh, KNOW THE REGS!
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

I don't think its the same people. Looks like they are in a small tin can.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

i was laughing when i say this video!

they are new in the sport tho!

can you blame them?

the cool thing about this is that he got is casting a bulldawg!

BOOOOOOOOOM!

some guys will troll and cast all there life and never get the chace to see one of these... ottawa monsters
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

muskymatt wrote:Humm...they claim it was released and lived...I personally doubt it....after three minutes out of the water, being kicked around, measured, still photos, having all the slime rubbed of pics at the front and rear of the boat and then being released into water that choked out.....

hey matt in the first second of the video you can clearly see where they got the fish.

right in your back yard! :shock:
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

curls wrote:I can't see the vid at work, but is there any chance this was taken under the 416 bridge on the Rideau River? Single console Legend boat, cream/off-white colour, the guys were using a small bass net (round basket).
I was fishing there a few weeks ago and we witnessed a few guys bass fishing but they hooked into a muskie of nice size. They must have killed it, as it was out of the water for a good 5+ minutes. They even asked us "Can we keep muskie?!?!"... sheesh, KNOW THE REGS!

Nope it's not the rideau, you can tell by the tall grass in the background
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

can the rideau hold a 55 1/2 musky ? :shock:
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Fishing 24/7 wrote:can the rideau hold a 55 1/2 musky ? :shock:
I have seen a pic of a 57 and a mount of a 56 from the rideau, but i will let you know early next week if it can hold a 55 1/2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Fishing 24/7 wrote:
muskymatt wrote:Humm...they claim it was released and lived...I personally doubt it....after three minutes out of the water, being kicked around, measured, still photos, having all the slime rubbed of pics at the front and rear of the boat and then being released into water that choked out.....

hey matt in the first second of the video you can clearly see where they got the fish.

right in your back yard! :shock:
Yeah I know exactly where it is.
:wink:
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

I couldn't agree more with the comments on how they handled this fish ... one quick pic (or two) and then back in the water. But I'm curious why most of you think it died ?? It appears like it's staying upright on its own and it starts to swim on it's own power near the end of the clip ... why would it die?

I admit I have never caught a musky so I know nothing about releasing them .. however I've released pike that swam swam away in a similar manner and they were fine.

just curious ... and a little bored right now ...