FYI: docks are out in Rockland

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

FYI: docks are out in Rockland

Post by Yannick Loranger »

There was a frost so parks & rec in Rockland figures freeze up is imminent and took the docks out almost 2 weeks sooner than last year :(

Still fine if you're launching a tin can and you mind scratching the hull a bit, but a bigger boat is a bit iffy.

Anyone know how long the docks stay in Wendover typically?

Yannick
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: FYI: docks are out in Rockland

Post by Bass Addict »

fisherguy33 wrote: Parks & rec in Rockland figures freeze up is imminent and took the docks out almost 2 weeks sooner than last year

More like at $27.00 a pop to launch your boat , They made a Killing this year , meeting they're FINANCIAL Goal two weeks earlier than anticipated :idea:
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Whatever the reason, I'm not impressed!
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by highlander »

One of many reasons to get on your town council -- definitely complain to the town/mayor... They'll think a bit harder next year :)
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

yup I'm on it...town council here is a joke. Makes the O'Brien administration look euphoric. Rockland's a great place to live until you start paying attention to what's being done with your taxes. We don't have a town council, it's the Mayor's and Friends Council. And would someone please pave Caron st.!!!
ok I'm done.

Anyone else on FH living within Clarence-Rockland's boundaries that is willing to send a letter to town council please let me know and I will send you a copy of the one I'm composing.

Yannick
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Don't get me started on local yokle chiefs...

They do as they please... and think everyone should bend over and take it. BOHICA... Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

They rely and succeed because of voters apathy. The most important level of government that will directly affect our lives the most and it has the lowest voter turn out. Seriously... Go to a town council meeting on a night when there is nothing freaking people out... see the people that are there. Unfortunately it is trouble makers and busy bodies that are there. The same people that ban peanut butter in schools and look for more money for useless bicycle lanes... and pressure councils to vote in 3 x the garbage trucks (Garbage - Recycling - Composting) on the road in the name of the environment.

Good luck finding the docks. They will probably take the money they got out of launch fees and make it into a Canoe and Kayak ONLY launch. They will put cement barriers all around the ramp because some guy who showed up at the town council meeting after he dropped acid and watched The Nature Of Things the night before.

I do have a solution for this problem BTW... Wakefield is infested with dirty disgusting hippies... I make a slurry of Peanut butter, NON Ethanol gasoline and soap... I put it in a spray bottle and spritz as I walk around town. They tell me that I am "Harshing their mellow"... but they stay the hell away!

Craig
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Although the current matter at hand does not have any direct impact on my "day to day" going on's... I LIKE THE CUT OF YOUR JIBB CRAIG!!!!
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Too bad I moved out of there last June, hey that's a good thing.

I can't imagine buying a seasons pass and they pull the docks out 2/3 of the way in, man there is still 2 months left to the season. It like when I started to guide in 2000 and the Feds sent me a bill for $150 for the use of the boyes, my first year they pulled the damn things out before I got started LOL I told them to shove the $150 where the sun don't shine and I never heard back from them ever. Even guiding fulltime ever since I only use them for 3.5 months a year so I should not have to pay the full season rates as the last 2.5 months are fished without.

Wendover has that cement pier that can be used once they pull the docks out. I still use the same launch; that is untill it snows and the plow burries it. Then I am stuck using the old cement launch.

Lefaivre is the same as well as Hawkesbury, L'Orignal normally leave the docks in all winter. So looks like the only paying launch this side of the river is the only one un usable till the end of the season. LMAO

In the old days in Rockland they would leave one dock in between the launches but I guess it's too much work to come back later and take it out.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

In my town they sell only 200 launch permits. Go on sale in March. People line up at 5 AM in the dead of winter like it was a concert or something. Sell out first morning. Then the lot sits near empty all year except 1 or 2 weeks in the summer. Without a permit you can't use the launch or park.
But man oh man are they johnny on the spot in giving you a ticket if you park in the empty lot without a permit.

P.S My kid has a peanut allergy.... don't go there.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

SeaMonster wrote:In my town they sell only 200 launch permits. Go on sale in March. People line up at 5 AM in the dead of winter like it was a concert or something. Sell out first morning. Then the lot sits near empty all year except 1 or 2 weeks in the summer. Without a permit you can't use the launch or park.
But man oh man are they johnny on the spot in giving you a ticket if you park in the empty lot without a permit.

LOL!

I cold just imagine the line up along Douglas Shand!!! People camping out in Terra Cotta to get a pass that they use once a year!! Sounds like the Pointless Clair I moved away from!!

Sorry about your kid with the peanut allergy. They have a long and hard road ahead of them. My brother has a deadly one... he has been hospitalized 4 times at this point and he is 43 years old. Still cant get it through his thick skull that there are places he just shouldn't eat and that the world is not going to change just for him!!

Good luck!

Craig
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Docks

Post by Seaweed »

I was at Taylor Park on the Rideau River today... their dock is out also.

Tough launching alone... not impressed either as an annual member.
bruce
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bruce »

fisherguy33 wrote:yup I'm on it...town council here is a joke. Makes the O'Brien administration look euphoric. Rockland's a great place to live until you start paying attention to what's being done with your taxes. We don't have a town council, it's the Mayor's and Friends Council. And would someone please pave Caron st.!!!
ok I'm done.

Anyone else on FH living within Clarence-Rockland's boundaries that is willing to send a letter to town council please let me know and I will send you a copy of the one I'm composing.

Y
annick
send me a copy yan.
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

cprince wrote:
SeaMonster wrote:In my town they sell only 200 launch permits. Go on sale in March. People line up at 5 AM in the dead of winter like it was a concert or something. Sell out first morning. Then the lot sits near empty all year except 1 or 2 weeks in the summer. Without a permit you can't use the launch or park.

LOL!

I cold just imagine the line up along Douglas Shand!!! People camping out in Terra Cotta to get a pass that they use once a year!! Sounds like the Pointless Clair I moved away from!!

Sorry about your kid with the peanut allergy. They have a long and hard road ahead of them. My brother has a deadly one... he has been hospitalized 4 times at this point and he is 43 years old. Still cant get it through his thick skull that there are places he just shouldn't eat and that the world is not going to change just for him!!

Good luck!

Craig
I've never asked anyone to do anything to suit my needs or situation. Or to do anything, really..
Not my style.
But I won't say I'm not happy someone else took up that cause before me.

So if begrudgingly your minor inconvenience saves some kid's life, or god forbid, my daughter's. My family and I thank you in advance.

Lets leave it at that before someone says something they'll regret.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

SeaMonster wrote:...Lets leave it at that before someone says something they'll regret.
:wink:

Craig
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Brings a tear to a mod's eyes boys. hooray for civility!

Yannick