Lac St. Pierre - St. Pierre de Wakefield

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Claudio
Participant
Participant

Lac St. Pierre - St. Pierre de Wakefield

Post by Claudio »

I was up in Val Des Monts the other day and remembered that I had heard that Lac St. Pierre had a public launch.

I didn't have much time to look real hard but I wasn't able to spot it. Does anyone know where this launch is? Or if it's still available to the public.

I was interested in trying the lake out, I heard that there are some good sized smallmouth in there. Anyone ever fish it at at this time of year?

Thanks in advance.
XXXL
Participant
Participant

Post by XXXL »

If you're heading up the 307 go about 4.5KM passed the bridge and the launch is on the right. There's a store across the street with a large parking lot that most people use.

I heard the smallie population used to be a lot better. Only time I've consistently gotten on to any sort of smallie bite is in the spring when targeting pike. Once the season opens I've never been able to find numbers or size. I was up there a couple weeks ago with nothing to show for it but a couple dinks. Beauty lake and nice and close to the house so I keep going back but if you're traveling for it there are probably better choices.

Good luck and let us know how you do if you make it out.