TROUT G2G LOCATION POLL

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

WHICH LAKE DO YOU WANT TO FISH

SILVER LAKE
36%
MUSKRAT LAKE
23%
FARREN LAKE
41%

Total votes: 39

almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

TROUT G2G LOCATION POLL

Post by almontefisher »

So here are the option above. Click and vote on which one you would like to fish. I will put it up for a while and once I feel enough people have voted I will finalize the location.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Good poll Pete!....
Last edited by troutnmuskiehunter on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

What is access like at Farren?.....I think the last thing FH folk want to do is create issues for cottage owners...at least I don't....

Silver is easily accessible to everyone.....parking should be fine and not too bad of a walk to Laker grounds for people without transportation on ice.....

Muskrat is quite the hike to decent Laker grounds.....

Ice conditions at both Silver and Skrat could be iffy on those dates depending on the winter we get...something else to consider.....

Either way...I'm in.

RJ
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

No fav's, so anywhere is fine by me. Been to Muskrat once for lakers and lost a good one at the hole. Never been to Silver
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Silver is a tough lake, hit & miss. There are decent trout there, but not in any good numbers. I've been there 2x on ice and it was s-l-o-w.

Muskrat is a good choice water, but is a bit too far. I'm not interested in driving 5 hour round trip on my day off.

Farren Lake access is directly (30ft) from the side of a well maintained road. No issue with cottagers, the roadside is public access. MNR will tell you - call em if ya need confirmation.

Parking would have to be figured out - eg park in Bolingbroke then hike/ATV/Sled to the lake. I doubt there would be more than 20 people attending so shouldn't be a prob. I'm in for Farren.
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

I chose silver. The wifey will be coming along, therefore "our" car will not be going on any ice. I will be taking the ankle express from roadside. I like the idea of being on a smaller lake. Maybe, just maybe, I would find the fish.
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Is Farren not a problem for acess as in surrounded by NIMBY land owners?
Mark
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

I'll bite... What or who are the NIMBY ?
Steady.

Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Stands for "Not in my back yard"

Don't want to create any problems, but ...
I've fished Farren before, and will fish it again. I had no problems before, and I don't expect the next time. Some of this is blown out of proportion, one fella had a run-in with another... now the cottager assoc gets a bad rap.

There is no debating the point, the public can legally and rightfully access the lake. The MNR will email you the access point. Bring a copy of the email from the MNR along if it churns your butter. :D
Last edited by Out4trout on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Not In My Back Yard :lol:
Personally I would rather not wait for the CO comming from ????? when a land owner is blocking you whether he/she is in the right or not. I have not personally experienced this though
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

F THAT S !!! I pay my taxes and will drill more holes in front of these peoples property than they have in their soy milk soaked heads. "NIMBY"... Ha!!
Steady.

troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Steady Eddy wrote:F THAT S !!! I pay my taxes and will drill more holes in front of these peoples property than they have in their soy milk soaked heads. "NIMBY"... Ha!!
nice...real nice attitude :roll:
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Sorry if I offended you. Its just a touchy subject. I fish almost exclusivley from shore and cant stand the " NIMBY" types. Give a guy a break. I have met people who say " sure the fishing is good around here. Follow me to my place. park there. wanna use my canoe ? " Then you get these kind of tools " oh god, fisherman. look at them honey....lock the doors." On second thought, maybe I am not sorry.... NIMBY...Ha !!
Steady.

hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

A LOT of :shock: splake go in that lake too
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I've read also that Farren is a good choice for splake. It's close to Wolfe Lake, but I've never fished there.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.