Flat-back treble hooks?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Marine5068
Participant
Participant

Flat-back treble hooks?

Post by Marine5068 »

Not sure what they are called, but I'm looking for somewhere that sells those treble hooks that have two of the three trebles at 180 degrees to each other. In other words, the opposing hook is at 90 degrees to the other two.
I have some on a few of my muskie baits and would like to swap out some of the other baits with these.
Anyone know what I mean and where to buy some?
Thanks.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Flat-back treble hooks?

Post by cprince »

Marine5068 wrote:Not sure what they are called, but I'm looking for somewhere that sells those treble hooks that have two of the three trebles at 180 degrees to each other. In other words, the opposing hook is at 90 degrees to the other two.
I have some on a few of my muskie baits and would like to swap out some of the other baits with these.
Anyone know what I mean and where to buy some?
Thanks.
Triple grip?

Craig
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

All you need to do is bend the two hooks that sit against the bait to 180 degrees and they wont wear the bait :)
Marine5068
Participant
Participant

Post by Marine5068 »

No, not triple grips.
I also know I can bend the existing hooks, but some of my hooks are so heavy and springy that it's easier said than done.
I tried a few and had to put them in my big bench vice to hold them secure enough to get a big pair of linesman pliers on them and bend. Then they were with left burrs on the shanks.(filed off burrs, but not really ideal way to do it)
Thought maybe someone has run across some trebles like described above. Maybe on their travels to stores or on the web somewhere.
Thanks for the help though.
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

The only ones I can find are Decoy T-S21 ("T" Trebles) but likely not available here. You can find them on ebay... just watch out on the shipping... possibly someone has imported them here, but I see mostly Europe and Japan, Korea.

Never bought or used these so have no idea where to find them in canada.