Today's failure to catch Musky saved by unexpected visit :)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Today's failure to catch Musky saved by unexpected visit :)

Post by lifeisfun »

While I didn't managed to connect with Musky today but just before I gave up I was visited from above and took some pictures.
It was absolutely spectacular and it made my day :)

100% (C)atch (P)hoto (R)elease
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Great pics. Trolling for jets, the ultimate thrill!
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

It was my airplane-crazy 2-year-olds backyard birthday bash this afternoon. When the Lancaster flew low and right over us I told him it cost daddy quite a bit of money to hire these folks to put on a show for everyone. If it wasn't the case already, I am the world's greatest dad!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

bucketmouth wrote:It was my airplane-crazy 2-year-olds backyard birthday bash this afternoon. When the Lancaster flew low and right over us I told him it cost daddy quite a bit of money to hire these folks to put on a show for everyone. If it wasn't the case already, I am the world's greatest dad!
How perfect was that?! :lol:

Happy Birthday to little Maddox. And I CANNOT believe he is 2 years old already!!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

He'll be a teen in no time Don.!!! Enjoy. Is that why you were selling some stuff earlier to pay for the Fly-By. happy Birthday to Maddox!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Pints wrote:Trolling for jets, the ultimate thrill!
LMAO :lol:

Cool pics. 8)
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Nice fish!!
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

Being an aircraft enthusiast I'm quite jealous. The Lancaster there is only one of two in the world that flies. It's stationed at the Hamilton museum and flies there regularly. It makes its way up here for special events. This weekend was the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

From right to left behind the lancaster you have a Corsair then right below it is the hurricane. Behind the hurricane is the P-51 Mustang and I believe the one trailing further behind would normally be the spitfire, but it is in fact the P-40 Warhawk (you can tell by the engine intake).

Anyhoo, not even sure if anyone cared but I feel like being a nerd :D
That would make my day too. Nice pics.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

PerchPredator
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

Man thats pretty cool. I love the old planes.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
SixStringHack
Participant
Participant

Post by SixStringHack »

PerchPredator wrote:Being an aircraft enthusiast I'm quite jealous. The Lancaster there is only one of two in the world that flies. It's stationed at the Hamilton museum and flies there regularly. It makes its way up here for special events. This weekend was the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
The flight path to and from Ottawa this weekend took the Lancaster directly over Big Gull Lake. It has been a few years since I've seen that beast in the air and it is an awesome sight. The sound from the engines is incredible and if it is low enough you can feel it in your chest. 5 or so years ago I was out one morning in the tinny and it flew right over me at a height of about 300 or 400 feet. I guess the pilot was having a look at the lake... Sadly this was before I started carrying a camera in the boat.
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lifeisfun »

PerchPredator wrote:Being an aircraft enthusiast I'm quite jealous. The Lancaster there is only one of two in the world that flies. It's stationed at the Hamilton museum and flies there regularly. It makes its way up here for special events. This weekend was the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

From right to left behind the lancaster you have a Corsair then right below it is the hurricane. Behind the hurricane is the P-51 Mustang and I believe the one trailing further behind would normally be the spitfire, but it is in fact the P-40 Warhawk (you can tell by the engine intake).

Anyhoo, not even sure if anyone cared but I feel like being a nerd :D
That would make my day too. Nice pics.
Wow, looks like you know your stuff !
Great to know those details - Thanks :)
100% (C)atch (P)hoto (R)elease
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Great Photos Bart.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

That Lancaster was most impressive....you could feel the rumble.

Living in Gatineau we get to see Michael Potter's Mustang, Spitfire, Corsair and Hurricane almost on a weekly basis flying to or from the Gatineau airport
What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The position of the dirt bag!