Quebec non-resident permit -- fees and where to get it?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Quebec non-resident permit -- fees and where to get it?

Post by curls »

I'm planning to meet a friend up in QC (near Lac Blue Sea) on Thursday morning, bright and early. I want to pick up a 1-day licence as per here (near the bottom): http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/wild ... -rates.jsp

However, apparently these are 2009 rates. The lady I spoke with at the MRNF didn't know if they had changed, nor did she really know where to get a licence aside from "Some Canadian Tires and some sporting goods stores". Real helpful... :roll:

Anyhow, I want to be up past Gracefield, QC by 8am on Thursday. Does anyone know a place to get a non-resident license at that time of the day (or earlier!) and if so, please post their contact info. Anything along Hwy 105 would be best.

Lastly, do you know if 1-day non-resident licences exist this year? The phone rep said she "thinks" they were not available this year and I'd have to buy a 3-day licence.

All help appreciated! Your compensation will be paid in prospective EAP's with QC smallies. :)
Thanks.
canoedude
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by canoedude »

Hey - Alymer Canadian Tire...~$13 for a one day non-res license - you can purchase it in advance (i.e., doesn't have to be purchased the day you are fishing).

Good luck,

CD
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

I'll keep that in mind. Ideally I'd like to go to a place early Thursday morning (before 8am in Gatineau, or @ 8am in Gracefield). I don't have the time to get to Aylmer today or tomorrow unfortunately. Thanks though!
Spezza_Fan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spezza_Fan »

I'm pretty sure you can pick one up in Kazabazua or even in Gracefield but I'm just not sure where exactly. Check for a place that sells bait. If they don't sell any I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Derek
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

There is a bait place just as you come out of Kazabazua and I am pretty sure that they sell fishing licenses there.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Wallyboss wrote:There is a bait place just as you come out of Kazabazua and I am pretty sure that they sell fishing licenses there.
Any idea what time they're open on weekdays? Or if the name comes to you - I'll look 'em up and call them directly.
Thanks!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Canadian tire and the fee is 62.50 for non- resident sounds like a lot but your family fishes on the same license so your wife or son or daughter but they must be close enought to you so if they are asked for there permit you are close by and your possesion limit is the same no matter whos fishing with you. So any of your family members fishing with you they go under your posession limit.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

8:00 am eh

I'm guessing your out of luck then...
Last edited by Bass Addict on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Bass Addict wrote:Bait and tackle shop , downtown Gracefeild on the right hand side of the road......It's called Le Spot

TEL 819 463-4449

Opens at 8:30 am on thursday morning
I think he said bright and early....actually, i think he said the following :shock:
curls wrote:I'm planning to meet a friend up in QC (near Lac Blue Sea) on Thursday morning, bright and early.
Anyhow, I want to be up past Gracefield, QC by 8am on Thursday. .
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

curls wrote: or @ 8am in Gracefield).
8:00 ....8:30

give or take a half hour
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Awesome thanks guys. That place opens at a decent enough time that I can drive up and get the license right at 8:30am (not as early as I wanted but I digress)... and since its only a few minutes from the launch it maximizes time on the water!

Cheers to all!
Eric
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Bass Addict wrote:

give or take a half hour
The Fluery family owns and operates l'Epicerie Brennan's Hill (132 Route 105) on the east side of the 105 (Right if going north). Just south of the bar.

They sell hunting and fishing licenses.

Open at 8am on week ends... but I *think* they are open at 7am on week days... to be safe though... I would say 8am week days too.

Give them a call tomorrow AM... the girl that is on now does not know what time they open... 819-422-2828

Craig
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

cprince wrote:
Bass Addict wrote:

give or take a half hour
The Fluery family owns and operates l'Epicerie Brennan's Hill (132 Route 105) on the east side of the 105 (Right if going north). Just south of the bar.

Open at 8am on week ends... but I *think* they are open at 7am on week days... to be safe though... I would say 8am week days too.

Give them a call tomorrow AM... the girl that is on now does not know what time they open... 819-422-2828

Craig
Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll call them tomorrow AM.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

curls wrote:
cprince wrote:
Bass Addict wrote: 8:00 ....8:30

give or take a half hour

Craig
Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll call them tomorrow AM.
Strange -- their number isn't connected / isn't working. I'll probably stick with the plan to hit up Le Spot in Gracefield.

Thanks though!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

curls wrote: Strange -- their number isn't connected / isn't working. I'll probably stick with the plan to hit up Le Spot in Gracefield.

Thanks though!
JUST called it now. Works fine. Must need to dial the 1 first... 1.819.422.2828 (Not long distance from here...)

Buddy is there now.... any how... they open at 7am.

Craig