What has your fish coughed up?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

What has your fish coughed up?

Post by SeaMonster »

Was out fishing the Ottawa up past the Bryson dam a few weeks ago and we caught a small ~1.5 lbs SMB that coughed up a baby muskrat in the boat. It was longer then the fish. :shock:
I've seen frogs, tadpoles, minows, etc, come out of fish, I caught a 1/2 lb laker with a 1/2 pound minnow, but that muskrat was a first. That poor fish lost a 1/2 pound for sure! Took a picture, but "someone" deleted the flashdisk on the camera before I could download it.
Impressive appetite for sure. Hitting a crankbait while working on getting that muskrat down. :lol:
So I wonder, anyone have any interesting things a fish has coughed up? (besides bass coughing up cigarette butts by the Muskie guys!)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

This one time, at band camp....I caught a shark and it coughed up a missing instructor!

No honestly I cannot say I have EVER had a fish cough up anything strange.
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

A mooneye spit out a mouse at me up north and I had a 1lbs smallie spit out a 6" walleye on Nipissing's West Arm.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

I once caught a walleye with a spark plug socket in its belly. still nice and shiny too. its still in my tool box. 8)
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

moonshine wrote:I once caught a walleye with a spark plug socket in its belly. still nice and shiny too. its still in my tool box. 8)
Single or treble hook on that??? :lol:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

moonshine wrote:I once caught a walleye with a spark plug socket in its belly. still nice and shiny too. its still in my tool box. 8)
I would think that is your lucky lure. Very unusual :) Did you catch anything good using that lure?

BM
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

Good to know if I try every lure in my tacklebox I have some options in the toolbox! :lol:
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

This is not exactly on topic but kinda ... a buddy was fishing the Gouin resevoir in Quebec and saw this huge fish washed up on shore ... he went in and it was one of the biggest pike he had ever seen ... it had choked to death trying to swallow one of the largest walleye he had ever seen ... not exactly on topic of coughing things up but the story came to mind ...
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

I ones went to lake x with BA and all the Bass we where catching all day where spitting out a massive amount of shads ! Might not be the weirdest thing a fish can eat but when you pull it out of the water and its spitting that all over the boat ! It is pretty weird ! :lol:
|Dore|
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

12 minnows :shock:
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

a paycheque.

At one time during a fall tournament a kicker largie coughed up a GIANT Bullfrog in the livewell. I had problems with the fact the fish could not keep it's breakfast down and the officials would not let me weigh in the frog as part of my weight... :lol:

Some notable objects other than prey, are plastics that someone else in the boat was using and missed the fish.... I managed to catch that fish. Good for some trash talk.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

slop wrote:a paychequk.

At one time during a fall tournament a kicker largie coughed up a GIANT Bullfrog in the livewell. I had problems with the fact the fish could not keep it's breakfast down and the officials would not let me weigh in the frog as part of my weight... :lol:

Some notable objects other than prey, are plastics that someone else in the boat was using and missed the fish.... I managed to catch that fish. Good for some trash talk.
with a little pressure on the frog with it being put back in the basses mouth as long as you can get it deep enough it will eat it again do that iv done it with a crayfish
TBM
Participant
Participant

Post by TBM »

A number of years back I fished a 2 day bass tournament on Rice Lake. On the 1st day, I nailed a bass on a jig-n-pig off a dock but the fish broke off before I had a good look at her. The next day, I slammed a bass off the same dock and was able to quickly put the 2 lber in the livewell. A couple of hours later, while checking on the fish in my live well, I could not believe my eyes (and luck) when the same jig-n-pig that I lost the day before was sitting in the bottom of the live well.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BigC »

More then one of the Pike I caught on Newboro Lake this summer were coughing up snails....well I think they were snails. They were jumbo size for sure I would say just a bit bigger than a timbit. Nothing actually inside the shell anymore but once the fish was in the boat out would come the snail shell.

Got me wondering about how you could "match the hatch" or at least the forage of what the fish were feeding on.....a trip to Red Lobster for bait?

BigC
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

cgates wrote:
slop wrote:a paychequk.

with a little pressure on the frog with it being put back in the basses mouth as long as you can get it deep enough it will eat it again do that iv done it with a crayfish
AHA! PROOF!

LOL! :lol:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!