New boat launch open

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

New boat launch open

Post by Hollywood »

I don't know how useful it will be, but for what it's worth there is a new boat launch open in Embrun. It's just east of the village on Notre Dame. It's well signed. They've been working on it all summer, and it opened about a week ago. Gives access to the South Nation via the Castor river. I actually did see 3 boats there this afternoon. So, if yo ulike to fish the nation, I guess this one's for you!
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
refteck
Participant
Participant

Post by refteck »

I've been wanting to try the Nation at the Castor. Is that the closest launch to that area? seems that would be a long drive by boat.

Thanks
Refteck
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

There's one right in Casselman.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
refteck
Participant
Participant

Post by refteck »

Thanks Wallyboss, Do you know the street?
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

The one in casselman is on the main drag at a big park, you can't miss it. I havr no idea why money was spent on this launch in embrun. Seems like a waste of money in my opinion. The only fish at that end seems to be catfish.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Refteck
When you get off the 417 at the Casselman exit just turn left at the end of the offramp follow that road thru Casselman until you go over the bridge of the Nation and the next right is the entrance to the boat launch(Park) It was free the last time I used it. Just be careful going under the bridge there is a rock or rocks on the right hand side, might be more with the lower water level.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
refteck
Participant
Participant

Post by refteck »

Thanks for the help! I'll watch for those rocks.

I'll post a report when I get a chance to wet the lines in the Nation.

Refteck