Fishing at Fitzroy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Papaclaude
Participant
Participant

Fishing at Fitzroy

Post by Papaclaude »

Several years ago, I went to Galeta to fish for catfish from shore, but I forget where exactly we fished or how to get there. Any help would be appreciated.
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

I used to fish cats there too decades ago. There was a trail (which we all thought was a right of way) that followed the river down stream from Galetta to the Snye Channel but the locals have fenced it off and put up no trespassing signs. The only access to fish now is right below the dam but you may have to ask permission at the dam. It's a privately owned dam.

Take the 417 westbound and follow the signs for Fitzroy Provincial Park and that will get you there.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Was there last weekend and with the low water, you can't get a boat in there. The launch is pretty much dried up, the rocks are all over the place.

I didn't drop my boat in the water there, I drove down to Maclaren's landing where there's a bit more water. You'll need a 4X4 truck to get your boat in as it's sandy and really shallow. If do you, walk in the water to pick up a line as there's a big hole in the middle that drops a good 2 - 3 feet.
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

Yeah, I saw an SUV stuck at the MacLaren's launch on Tuesday. It had to be pulled out by a pick up truck.

Pretty sad state of affairs when it comes to the public launches in this area.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

No floating dock for Buchams Bay launch as promised by our councilor Eli -Chantiry either!!!! :evil: :twisted:..........not good seeing how elections are right around the corner!!!!! :wink:
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

Maybe that's why Eli sold the Lighthouse :)
steadyj_17
Participant
Participant

Post by steadyj_17 »

MacLaren's launch was great on the weekend launch 2 boats and took 1 out. There is a sweet spot on the launch you need to hit. The Fishing was great as well.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

steadyj_17 wrote: The Fishing was great as well.
any pictures???
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

ya i can see that happening.....Eli looses election because he didn't get tmh a floating dock! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

fishin mission wrote:ya i can see that happening.....Eli looses election because he didn't get tmh a floating dock! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Another genius brain fart comment from you Dano :lol: :lol: ........ it's not relevant considering you don't have a clue on what the issues are within our ward unless you have crossed the big pond and are living in this area! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :roll:
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

only issue is that you live there !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: