Renegade Bass Q 5 - Ottawa River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Renegade Bass Q 5 - Ottawa River

Post by RJ »

Well she's in the books.... A tough bite on the Ottawa as usual....50% of our gameplan worked.....the back end just didn't pan out for us.....

Thanks for following along on our site....it's been a trying season to say the least....but we did learn alot.

http://rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures.blog ... river.html

Onto some fun fishing and smaller events!

RJ
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Hey RJ,

Had my fingers crossed for you and Len to pull off a big weight and sneak in to the Classic...tough going, but like you said, you guys learned a bunch of valuable info this season, which I'm sure will help you place higher in future years.

I could relate to some of your insight following the blog, especially the Francis event. Much like you, my strength lies in shallow water largie fishing - hands down. Gave me some food for thought about elevating my knowledge about chasing those fish that live in the deeper depths...

Enjoy the months of "fun" fishing that lie ahead of you....you deserve the break.

Thanks again for sharing your trials and tribulations - it's been a good read.

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Renegade Bass Q 5 - Ottawa River

Post by Bass Addict »

RJ wrote:
Onto some fun fishing and smaller events!

RJ
Mississippi next weekend ... :?:

Then Lake X........Lake XX .........Lake XXX..... :?: :?: :?:
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

Another great read on your blog, RJ!!

Next season will here soon enough for another shot at Classic contention.

Still some great fall angling ahead though (if you can fit it in between deer hunts- LOL).
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

NASA Lake monster smallies!

Craig
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Thanks for the inside glimpse of the Renegade throughout the series. The reports were enjoyable to read regardless of the weights.
Sorry that you weren't able to hit the magic number for the Classic... tough summer for you both. In the big pic you'll be better off for the experience. It will allow you to learn new things, that wouldn't happen had you found a bunch of kickers.

Enjoy the early break and start hitting those deep shoals before things cool off!!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

RJ I don't think that it was because of The Ottawa River on sat. The Ottawa hasn't produced big numbers for me this year except opening day.

We were on the Rideau and had low numbers as well but we managed 4 that were close to 4 lbs. So quantity wasn't there but quality was.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Enjoyed every single blog entry of yours since day 1 RJ :wink: Keep them coming!

It gave us a really good glance of how much work it takes to compete at that level.

Oli