First report with a not so happy ending!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
refteck
Participant
Participant

First report with a not so happy ending!

Post by refteck »

Well here is my first report.

I was out this morning with my 12 yr old daughter on the Rideau near Osgoode. Fishing was ok with a 2lb SM and a large Pike but couldn't get it to the boat.

The best part was by 9am a wake board boat started going up and down the Rideau in the same area as we were fishing..OK right? Well as we were trolling 30' from shore in 10'FOW he starts heading up our side of the river,passes us about 50' away then cuts right in front of us(15-20') and cut between us and the shore as if nothing was wrong!!!!!! :evil:

Needless to say if I wasn't trolling with the bow mount I would have paid him a visit, possibley even in his boat for doing something so dumb as that! Then he proceedes to come back and stop about 400' away and yells he was sorry but he was doing "circuits" WTF is that???

This stretch of the Rideau is getting to be very dangerous! Surprise my daughter wanted to go home after the she was so scarred! I don't think I'll be fishing there anymore this year...Maybe only some hunting 8) then we'll see how close he comes!
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

I found you need to get off the Rideau before 10 in the summer, there's always some a-holes going full speed between you and shore or the weedline you are casting. It's like the other 75-90% of water does not exist.

It's like the jetski factor, I have over a mile of water between my shorline and the oposite side but every day I see some come within 100 feet of shore. What if my kids are swimming when one of those morons comes around the corner?
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

I'd fire off a complaint to the OPP with the specifics. If you managed to note the offender's registration number all the better.
Dangerous Driving

Section 249(1)b of the Criminal Code of Canada provides:

“Everyone commits an offence who operates a vessel or any water skis, surf-board, water sled or other towed object on or over any of the internal waters of Canada or the territorial sea of Canada, in a manner that is dangerous to the public, having regard to all the circumstances, including the nature and condition of those waters or sea and the use that at the time is or might reasonably be expected to be made of those waters or sea;”

Everyone one who commits an offence under this section may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

If the offence caused bodily harm to another person, the length of imprisonment may be up to ten years.

If the offence caused the death of another person, the person who committed the offence is liable to imprisonment for a term of up to fourteen years.

Section 250(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada also provides:

Another responsible person must be on board a vessel to keep watch on any person being towed.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

I hear ya man, I'm on the rideau all the time, but never on the weekend it's a zoo out there. There's this old guy out there that feels the need to barefoot ski right beside you at 7:30 every saturday morning right from cars to the 416. Head to the st.lawrence on the weekends, lots of water there
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
refteck
Participant
Participant

Post by refteck »

I will call the marine squad of the OPS this week once I go by his dock to see exactly where he lives. I think it's a ski school near Osgoode.

Nips, I think we have something in common! The old white haired guy in the yellow and white wake board boat!!!!!
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

refteck wrote:I will call the marine squad of the OPS this week once I go by his dock to see exactly where he lives. I think it's a ski school near Osgoode.

Nips, I think we have something in common! The old white haired guy in the yellow and white wake board boat!!!!!
Yeah that guy is a real pain. As he coming towards you turn into his path, and start casting towards him. He kind gets wide eyed and will learn to avoid you. I did this to him a few times and he learned that there is other water than where I was. He doesn't seem very bright.

Make sure you have a very large lure tied on. The wakeboarders also don' like seeing them thrown in their direction and will learn not to buzz you.