Another fishing story

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Another fishing story

Post by nips »

I've been in a fishing funk the last couple weeks, not much to show in the musky department. I reported last week that I had a big girl follow in a figure 8 and miss the bait, well here's another one for ya. :roll: :roll:

On the rideau fishing with my brother the other day and it was windy as hell, but the direction of the wind was alright for drifting down a weedline, so were fishing away and we probably drifted 1/2 mile, my bro lost a medium sized fish and I had a little runt follow a figure 8 but decided at the last minute not to eat :evil: :evil:. So we keep drifting with the wind, my brother is at the front of the boat im at the back when I happen to look behind the motor and couldn't believe it, there is a monster ski 4 inches below the surface of the water following the boat right behind the motor. I could of poke him in the eye with my rod. :shock: :shock: . I had to look twice, it was the real deal. I fish out of an alluminum boat and you guys know it doesn't take much to make noise, so I say to my brother dont f--ing make a sound there is a huge fish following the boat, and he starts laughing....ya sure there is....and say no SHAT. I fire my lure way behind the boat and start bringing it in and im just vibrating I get the lure to the boat where its about 4 feet from the fish, and the fish turns it's head, swims towards the lure and then just swims away. FACKKKKKKKKKKK. True story. Heartbreak.. I figure the fish followed a lure from a previous cast and was just hanging out. The funny thing is that I think I've seen this fish before, they say musky are territorial well last year in the same spot I think i saw this fish 2 over the course of the year. I know where she lives I just got to get her to bite :roll: :roll:
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Alright nips let's go get her

I am on vacation all next week and everyday but Tuesday during the day is good for me :D

I'll have 2 new lures to try, a sucker and a carp with new weight system I'll have ready to water test and well who knows !!!!!!
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

im working all weekend as well as mon/tues, but then im off for a week, i got your pm, I will send you an email later on in the week. I cant do it thursday though i got hockey. And its playoffs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

OK I have something else you can try if you ever have this happen again Step 1 ... Slow down the motor until it almost stalls
Step 2 ... Take your net and put it in the water behind the boat .. very gently
Step 3 ... put the motor into neutral
Step 4 ... quietly put the m the motor into reverse
Step 5 .. .the momentum of the fish going forward along with the momentum of the boat going backward means the fish will have to go into the net.
Step 5 ... bring her into the boat
Step 6 ... fillet, bake at 350 for 24 minutes and then serve with a nice chardonnay

OK OK joking about step 6 ... but the rest is solid ... in theory ...
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

dead_weight wrote:OK I have something else you can try if you ever have this happen again Step 1 ... Slow down the motor until it almost stalls
Step 2 ... Take your net and put it in the water behind the boat .. very gently
Step 3 ... put the motor into neutral
Step 4 ... quietly put the m the motor into reverse
Step 5 .. .the momentum of the fish going forward along with the momentum of the boat going backward means the fish will have to go into the net.
Step 5 ... bring her into the boat
Step 6 ... fillet, bake at 350 for 24 minutes and then serve with a nice chardonnay

OK OK joking about step 6 ... but the rest is solid ... in theory ...
The motor wasn't running, we were drifting with the wind. Is it illegal to throw them big bait nets out from behind the boat
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

Guys I'm Just joking ...

Man you musky guys are really serious ...
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

Welcome to fish-hawk deadweight, can be a tough crowd sometimes...

Nips - it's been about a 2-3 week funk for my partner and I as well, we simply are finding ways to lose fish. My buddy finally connevted on a giant 42", really thick and fat with giant head..
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

nips wrote: I cant do it thursday though i got hockey. And its playoffs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Call me

I am a goalie

And I am good enough to ensure Thursday is your last game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dead_weight wrote:Man you musky guys are really serious ...
I don't think Nips was being hard on you...more of just a comment....don't take it personaly
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Mr.J. wrote:
nips wrote: I cant do it thursday though i got hockey. And its playoffs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Call me

I am a goalie

And I am good enough to ensure Thursday is your last game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dead_weight wrote:Man you musky guys are really serious ...
I don't think Nips was being hard on you...more of just a comment....don't take it personaly

Thats what I was thinking, dead_weight take er easy man, I wasn't chirping ya
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

slip him a green one Nips he will calm down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

I hear ya ... no problem ... I don't take this stuff too personal ... although I did cry myself to sleep last night ...

On the subject of being in a funk ... we went fishing in a remote lodge in quebec one time ... it was cold alright and over 4-5 days we could count the fish we caught on one or two hands ... so the last night we were anchored across from some americans who were having pretty good luck with walleye ... finally I asked what are you using .. they said minnows ... i told him we were told that minnows were not allowed ... he said "live" minnows are not allowed ... dead and salted are ok ... 1 minute later he pulls in a 7 + pound walleye ... like my buddy and I said it's still 5 days on the water and a few fish so we enjoyed ourselves but man it was slow fishing ...