putting the baby down and making time for a shore-fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ptrxml59
Participant
Participant

putting the baby down and making time for a shore-fish

Post by ptrxml59 »

I'm taking a friend out for a quick fish from shore this evening after I put my daughter down for the night. We're in the Glebe/Ottawa South. I know Dows Lake can be a quick and easy spot, same with the Broson bridge and the park near Riverside and Bank....

I find though that when I do go to these areas i get stuck in extremely heavy weeds and things never really turn out well.... SO.....

....If anyone would like to suggest any fairly specific locations (anything where I wont be dragging through clouds of weeds) in this area it would be very very very helpful for me.
Kovalchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by Kovalchuk »

Hogs Back
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Strathcona Park.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: putting the baby down and making time for a shore-fish

Post by Dore »

ptrxml59 wrote:I'm taking a friend out for a quick fish from shore this evening after I put my daughter down for the night. We're in the Glebe/Ottawa South. I know Dows Lake can be a quick and easy spot, same with the Broson bridge and the park near Riverside and Bank....

I find though that when I do go to these areas i get stuck in extremely heavy weeds and things never really turn out well.... SO.....

....If anyone would like to suggest any fairly specific locations (anything where I wont be dragging through clouds of weeds) in this area it would be very very very helpful for me.
why dont ya try fishing in the weeds but with some scum frogs! Bass are lovin the top water now a days !
|Dore|
ptrxml59
Participant
Participant

Post by ptrxml59 »

Thank you thank you.
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Graembo »

Please don't put down your baby, there are other options: adoption, CAS...etc. Think it through dude, fishing.....family....fishing....family... should all be able to "just get along". Putting down should only be a last resort.

If you're fishing those inner city sloppy areas, as mentioned above, chunk a big weedless frog across the weed/grass mats, there are fish in there. Or a weedless rigged, weightless Fluke with a big 5/0 hook would also suffice.

Good luck!
:wink:
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

where the Jock dumps into the Rideau