Quinte/sturgeon report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
teppy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Quinte/sturgeon report

Post by teppy »

Was up on Quinte for a 5 days from July 19 -24, had some great days on the water. Tuesday I was out for the day and landed 25 largemouth, 8 walleye, 2 pike and a sheephead. 2 of the walleye were 5-7 lbs, biggest largie was 3.2 and who cares about the pike....lol Friday the 23rd my son wants to go out with me, start at 3pm and fish til dark, ooohhhh I got a spanking!!! Which is nice to see, the student finally kicked the teachers ___ (You know what!!!) He got 13 largemouth to my 5, my five dinks really. And he lands a 3.2 then a 3.3 and to top it off a 4.3lber, gotta love it when the young jedi is oozing with confidence!!! A pic of his 4.3
So I was off to Sturgeon Lake yesterday on the hunt for largemouth or what ever bites...really.
Started out with a musky leaping out of the water for a frog I was throwing around, never caught him but it was an entertaining site.
I was out with jeepboy18, and I wouldn`t say I took a beating but he caught alot more of what we were after, the largemouth. We were throwing the same bait for most of the day and I must have been the multi-species guy today.
Jeepboy18 lands a largie, I throw my jig and get a walleye, sh1tty pic jeepboy thanks for the head chop!!!

No sooner he puts the camera down and I get....... hold on wait its... its a walleye, back to back flips.

And he gets a largemouth, this went on for some time as I landed 4 nice walleye in a matter of 30 minutes.

Ohhhhh then I get a.... its a musky...... sheeeeshh!!!! :lol:

And jeepboy18 gets another largemouth, the best one of the day, at 4lbs even

Final count for the day was jeepboy18 13 largemouth, 1 smallmouth.
Myself, 3 Largemouth, 2 smallmouth, 4 walleye, and 2 musky with 2 more musky snapping me off.

All in all, a great day to say the least!!!!

teppy
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Very nice. What were you using to catch those "accidental" walleyes :)

BM
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Nice report :lol:
|Dore|
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

Nice fish
teppy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by teppy »

bm_attar Those walleye come on a flippin jig, in or on the edge of weed beds. "Ya never know what yer gonna catch when yer swimmin da jig" !!!