Lac Simon

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Lac Simon

Post by Seabass81 »

In my quest for finding a spot to fish on Sunday I stumbled across Lac SImon . Is the fishing good? It says it has land locked salmon ....lakers and brookies .....and small mouth .

Sounds quite interesting . Although I have not checked the regs yet it would be cool to catch a new species as well as my first Quebec Fish .

John
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Lac Simon

Post by cprince »

Seabass81 wrote:In my quest for finding a spot to fish on Sunday I stumbled across Lac SImon . Is the fishing good? It says it has land locked salmon ....lakers and brookies .....and small mouth .

Sounds quite interesting . Although I have not checked the regs yet it would be cool to catch a new species as well as my first Quebec Fish .

John
I can't speak to the fishing in there... but it is a very busy lake for the distance from civilization... and the last I heard it was 25$ and a boat wash to get in.

Craig
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

You have a greater chance at seeing topless women, women in bikini's and drunken ego-boasting 20-yr-old males than catching much on that lake... on a weekend that is.

Also, that lake was afflicted with the blue-green algea problem a few years ago. Not sure if it has recovered.

GG
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Hey Johny !

The lake it self is a beauty and the scenery is even better :wink: but for the fishing think about it ........ its a party lake ahhhh the memoriessssssssssssss( Bar L'aventure is on that lake) and its sponsered by Focus wake board shop ! So all day long you'll have wakeboarders blasting threw the lake and loud music. I hear theres nice SM in that lake ! Anyways up to you !
|Dore|
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

no place to stay!!

Post by tinman454 »

One other thing is its very hard to find places to stay around the area camp ground is full every week end so make shure you reserve a spot before you go if your staying around there also you can rent see-doos and the lake is verry busy I would go during the week days it's not as bad! Also that has one of the best beaches around.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I got invited there....but not to fish.... :wink:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Heney Lake (Petit Lac Poisson Blanc)
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

very nice lake. good laker lakes if you no where to fish...i was fishing in front off the big points off the big ilsand..north side.

lakes there go closer the the points bass there and around those mini rocks island...

spinerbait did ok 8)

ho yaaaaaaaa

there is some nickels there..

at least there was one nickel last year. lac simon.

fish morning or nights....man there is a lot off boats on that lake..but its a large lake. so it can take a few.

good luck

joco
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Beaver dam bursts, washes out Quebec highway
By Dave Rogers, The Ottawa Citizen July 23, 2010 3:30 PM OTTAWA — For the second time in less than a week a dam built by bumbling beavers has washed out a highway in the region, forcing transportation officials to detour traffic and repair the highway.

The Quebec Ministry of Transport closed Highway 315 between Chénéville and Namur to repair the highway on Friday after a nearby beaver dam burst and flooded the road. Ministry spokeswoman Dominique Leclerc said the force of the water from the dam washed away part of the shoulder of the road and damaged some pavement along a 90-metre stretch of highway..

Drivers were detoured around the area using Highways 321 and 323. Chénéville is 96 kilometres northeast of Ottawa between Lac Simon and Lac des Plages.

The highway was expected to reopen Friday evening. Leclerc said ministry officials did not have an estimate of the cost of repairing the highway.

Ontario Provincial Police closed Highway 60 north of Whitney for several hours on Wednesday night because another beaver dam broke near the eastern edge of Algonquin Park.

The dam burst at about midnight and flooded the highway with 10 centimetres of water. Police closed both lanes until the water receded. The road reopened about three hours later.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Fishing's alright but the launch facilities are expensive...

You have to get your boat cleaned before entering the water and if you're a non resident of the lake the launch fees are like 50$. Cleaning your boat is roughly 30$

I forget exact figures but I brought mine there because my aunt had a party at her home there and it ran me near 75$ to launch the boat :shock: between the wash and the launch.

Keep in mind the launch is only open from 8-4 or some ridiculous set of hours that aren't convenient.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Why not just head to Lac Le Pedrix...... :wink:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Bass Addict wrote:Why not just head to Lac Le Pedrix...... :wink:

ya why not it will be as busy this weekend anyway there full off boats and people in camo suit trying to enter the woods undover all around it. :lol: that rented cottage must have seen her cottage goes up 200% in asking rents info...ahahah