Access to Lac Bernard

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Access to Lac Bernard

Post by Daner »

Hi,
I just received a message from one of our members - High Noon.
He is looking for public access to Lac Bernard.
I can't think of any other than private as I have always used a friend's of a friend. Does anyone know how to access/launch to the lake?
Thanks.
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Access to Lac Bernard

Post by cprince »

Daner wrote:Hi,
I can't think of any other than private as I have always used a friend's of a friend. Does anyone know how to access/launch to the lake?
Thanks.
I live 5 minutes away and would give my left nut to get into that lake.

Let me know how you make out!

Craig
Claudio
Participant
Participant

Post by Claudio »

cprince wrote:
Daner wrote:Hi,
Thanks.
I live 5 minutes away and would give my left nut to get into that lake.

Let me know how you make out!

Craig
Keep your left nut exactly where it is!

There is no public access to Lac Bernard, just the way the local cottage association wants it! I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with a cottage on the lake, he has told me stories regarding the attitudes of some of his fellow association members. Without knowing someone on the association, you're out of luck.

The smallies of Lac Bernard are the domain of a select few. I've had the pleasure of fishing it a few times, nice size smallies in there. I wish I could fish it more often however, my buddy leads a busy life and I won't fish it without him on my boat.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Day in and day out I see car after car with Ontarioid plates wizz by the farm. crap flying out of their windows... bass burping multi-gigawatts giggy crap "music" noise disrupting the otherwise tranquil and pastoral setting of the farm.

Drunken rich kids putting their father's car into the ditch 6 times in the last 12 years... never actually coming the fix the fences that they wrecked...

Screw them all.

In an effort to try and bust into their ivory tower, I post this map and ask if anyone has tried to put in with a tinny or yak at the following two places:

Anyone?

Craig
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

I know I will have to get up off my duff and drive up the road to find out... deep into the Ontarioids stronghold in Quebexico...

I was looking at this spot too.. the only spot on the lake that I see has the road right up against the shore line... parking would be fun to find... and obviously would be small boat only.

Craig
Claudio
Participant
Participant

Lac Bernard

Post by Claudio »

cprince wrote:I know I will have to get up off my duff and drive up the road to find out... deep into the Ontarioids stronghold in Quebexico...

I was looking at this spot too.. the only spot on the lake that I see has the road right up against the shore line... parking would be fun to find... and obviously would be small boat only.

Craig
I can appreciate your frustrations as I'm sure a number of the cottagers may show a lack of respect for the permanent residents but, from what I have been told the access point(s) to the lake are indeed private property, people will run the risk of being charged for trespassing if they attempt to launch a boat. In the end, the choice is theirs of course.

Personally, while I think Lac Bernard has some good bass fishing available, I would not rate it nearly as good as many of the surrounding lakes found along the Gatineau system. Living in Alcove, you're probably aware of some of them, fishing Lac Bernard is not worth the potential troubles of dealing with the cottage association or the local law enforcement. Unfortunately, these associations seem very effective at keeping their lakes impossible to legally access.

All the best.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

I remember trying to access that Lake once before .... :cry:

Some old unshaven, tobacco chewing ,Basstard in a white Pick -Up tried to run me off the road leading to the Lake... :shock: :twisted:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

quote..... Ontarioid plates ..crap flying out of their windows... bass burping multi-gigawatts giggy crap "music"

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

quote.....old unshaven, tobacco chewing ,Basstard

you seems to meeth nice people hey. :lol:

joco.OK look for the report soon frome the yak in this nice poeple land.. :lol:

I do have a lot off cooworker that fish a lot that lake on ice and catch some realy nice pike..but they said its less and less good as the year past..i gues to mutch pressur there...a lot off cottage to.
Last edited by joco on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Lac Bernard

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Claudio wrote:
cprince wrote:I know I will have to get up off my duff and drive up the road to find out... deep into the Ontarioids stronghold in Quebexico...

Craig
I can appreciate your frustrations as I'm sure a number of the cottagers may show a lack of respect for the permanent residents but, from what I have been told the access point(s) to the lake are indeed private property, people will run the risk of being charged for trespassing if they attempt to launch a boat. In the end, the choice is theirs of course.

Personally, while I think Lac Bernard has some good bass fishing available, I would not rate it nearly as good as many of the surrounding lakes found along the Gatineau system. Living in Alcove, you're probably aware of some of them, fishing Lac Bernard is not worth the potential troubles of dealing with the cottage association or the local law enforcement. Unfortunately, these associations seem very effective at keeping their lakes impossible to legally access.

All the best.
Ummm... Hang on here.

CPrince is onto something, and its frightening how he and I think alike...

Lets not forget that the first 4-8 feet of land/shore belongs to the Crown. Also, let's not forget that the first 8-12 feet on the side of a road belongs to the municipality (unless otherwise indicated as private road, usually done by a sign that says: "End of Municipal road".) That said, the spots that CPrince has pointed out seem to be areas where these 2 items of PUBLIC LAND converge. You can't be charged for trespassing for driving and/or parking on a public road, and NO ONE can stop you from walking across Crown land.

Thanks for the maps Craig. The Sportspal will be going for a ride, when this heat lets up.

Cheers
GG
Spiker
Participant
Participant

Access to Lac Bernard

Post by Spiker »

Sorry guys... Save yourselves the travel time. I've just be informed that both areas shown on the map are private roads and the association is out in full force because of thefts, break-ins and vandalism.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

Spiker wrote:Sorry guys... Save yourselves the travel time. I've just be informed that both areas shown on the map are private roads and the association is out in full force because of thefts, break-ins and vandalism.
Great first post........ :roll:
What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The position of the dirt bag!
Iggy
Participant
Participant

Post by Iggy »

jwhite wrote:
Spiker wrote:Sorry guys... Save yourselves the travel time. I've just be informed that both areas shown on the map are private roads and the association is out in full force because of thefts, break-ins and vandalism.
Great first post........ :roll:
that's no way to welcome a new poster LOL

but he is right, both roads are private roads, I know, I have a cottaqge on one of them. I also am aware that just two weeks ago the association got together to discuss some new potential security measures for the cottagers. Don't beleive me, call Sgt Fournell with the local police, he is the one that recommended the meeting. Cameras, new signs, and possibly gates.
This is also my first post but I've read a lot on here, but I guess everyone who wants to comment is a jacka$$ :roll:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

i just found out few weeks ago i no someone that own a cottage there and he is a fisherman..wil try to contact him.

ok no one own the lake itslef..just there own little part off land and there privtae oad if so.

if there some gouverment land around the land anyone can acess it.

i am sher theres a way..a no people that do fish it on ice.

but i am sher i could get there wit a yak.

anyway there is a load off cottage for rent there to..so call them and ask to rent hourly rate hahaha.

sad to see its becoem to bad no one go on sutch a big lake.

joco
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

but lets face it..there is 100,s off lake that as mutch if not more bass then that lake..so if its to mutch troble just go see other lakes..there 1000,s off them just here in outaouiiai region.

joco
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Hi BOYS;

This old post has been re opened by one who is simply trying to be a member and contribute!

My response as I started this post way back when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
I do have the access point to Lac Bernard.
There is a public access point. But, it is much easier to access the lake through a friend who has a cottage or waterfront!
Yes there are fish, and good size fish, and you have seen many results posted throughout this past summer!!! I will not divulge who!
I, and TroutandMuskieHunter have plans to fish it this winter and next spring as I always do.
However, don't expect any kind of flamboyant posting.
Why, because the group of people who have own property around the lake for more than 70 years want to respect the lake and share it with their loved ones.
Again, there is always a way. Show your enthusiasm and ask!

Daner
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!