Cabelas Jigging Spoons

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canoedude
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Cabelas Jigging Spoons

Post by canoedude »

The Cabela's jigging spoons (first three - fourth is a LJ crippled herring) I ordered showed up today - I picked these up for lakers/smallies - has anyone used these particular spoons? I went with the 2oz weight to get deep quickly and have good contact with the bottom. There are a lot of colour/weight options in this particular line-up of spoons.

I have to say, Cabela's gets a solid A+ for service - I used the basic ground shipping which was supposed to mean a wait of 14 to 21 business days; however, it took only 5 days. Not too expensive either. I buy locally as much as possible but it's nice to know the option is there if needed.

Btw, here is a belated pic of the only laker that came to the boat Father's Day - got blown off the water shortly thereafter as you can see by the angle of the horizon. Good to get out regardless. Was back on Tuesday and picked up three more in as many hours (all released).

bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

You betcha.... I started using both those and the jointed ones this year. I really like the jointed one in 1oz. Deadly for lakers :D