Trailer stolen at Clay Banks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Trailer stolen at Clay Banks

Post by Priorguy »

Well I never in my wildest thought someone would steal a trailer in a favorite fishing area near White Lake. Especially from a disabled person.

I will be posting pictures and vin numbers soon but thought I would get the story out to my friends on fish hawk.

Last week my two brothers headed out to go for a day of fishing at clay banks on the Madawaska River on Tuesday like they do alot. To add to the story one of my brothers is legally blind. If you know anyone with a disability you can imagine if they do one think in life that they enjoy well need I say more. His is fishing... or rather was until the theft of a trailer at the launch.

Not only did they steal the trailer but they also punctured two tires on the van and cut the wire harness and cut the lock. All this for a trailer that most likely was only worth 1000.00 at best. They were out fishing for a couple hours and came back to a stolen trailer and the van vandalized. Police were called and a report filed. The van was towed, thank god for a friendly fellow at the launch lent them his trailer to get the boat home. The boat sadly now sits on blocks in the garage. I am not crying the blues for them but a new trailer purchase is not in the books right now for them.

Now most of us put insurance on our toys. In this case my brother did not get a chance to renewal for this year yet. So you know what that means.

Anyhow, I am looking to get them a trailer for a 16.5 Springbok 162 series so we will see how this goes. If any of my friends here on Hawk here of a trailer for sale that sounds a little fishy I would personally be interested. I believe it was a North lander but I will verify this as well and re-post as well grey with new blue carpet bunks and a new tongue. It also had specially made side rails that were welded to the frame and very different than what you would see on a typical trailer.

Priorguy....

P.S I hope the trouble caused was worth it to who ever did this...its a shame!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Sorry to hear about this buddy! People now a days just have no respect what so ever ! I hope they find the trailer and this sob of a thief! :x
|Dore|
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

I work with individuals with disabilities and it is sad to hear that, i hope they get caught, when i was younger they stole my dads boat as soon as we left the house.

I hope they get caught or any tips leading to this.

Chen K.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

Brutal. One thing I can't stand is thieves. Hope everything works out well for your brother.
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Unbelievable!!!

Hope they find the trailer and the people that took it. Then string them up by their balls.

Billy Bones :twisted:
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

I always thought things were pretty safe there,but in the back of my mind I always worried about stuff like that,sorry about the loss,I am looking for a better trailer for my cajun bassboat,so I will keep an eye open for it.
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

That SUCKS as I can't believe what people are willing to do!!

I hope you work it all out :(

Speechless.........
Trisomy21
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Trisomy21 »

Keep an eye on used websites like kijiji.ca also any marinas in the area, get the word out.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

That's absolutely UN-FREAKin-REAL....the nerve of some people.
Sorry to hear this....
I too, thought this was a pretty safe area....guess not.

I hope you find the THIEFS! and that everything works out.
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

That just flat out sucks. I hope he finds it, I'll keep an eye out.

Just curious if anyone knows....isn't it law to have insurance on your boat and trailer?

RJ
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

HORRIBLE!!!
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

RJ wrote:That just flat out sucks. I hope he finds it, I'll keep an eye out.

Just curious if anyone knows....isn't it law to have insurance on your boat and trailer?

RJ
can't force you to have theft insurance...just liability
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

It is a little odd yes.....

The insurance on my motorcycles is steep but the fire and theft portion is cheap. Like $11 extra a month....

I'd imagine it would be negligible for a trailer.

In any rate, its a VERY unfortunate situation indeed. A horrible thing to happen to anybody.
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

There is no law to have boat liability insurance
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

RJ wrote:That just flat out sucks. I hope he finds it, I'll keep an eye out.

RJ
I called about insurance when I first got my tinnys... I was told that they are covered by my home insurance. I suppose that is because they are worth $1000 with a full tank of gas.

Replacement would be more.

As for liability, my QC trailer plate has that included for the trailer only.

@ Ken

If you figure out where the trailer is... just send me a PM and I will line the trunk of my Impala with plastic. Us Prince guys need to stick together.

Craig