Newfoundland Charters/Guides

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Newfoundland Charters/Guides

Post by highlander »

Hey all,

I'm headed to Newfoundland for 2.5 weeks in August! We'll be drive-up camping around the island.

Anyone have any experience with fishing out there? I'm not planning on bringing gear but would love to hook up with a guide or charter. Interested in both freshwater and saltwater fishing. Cheaper is better but mostly looking for a great day or two on the water with my wife.

Thanks
troutbum
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by troutbum »

Most rivers and brooks are fly ONLY, so bear that in mind at least along the Northern Peninsula anyway. For Salmon you will need a guide if you are fishing more than 800m from the highway (hey don't ask me) I had a fellow near
troutbum
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by troutbum »

Most rivers and brooks are fly ONLY, so bear that in mind at least along the Northern Peninsula anyway. For Salmon you will need a guide if you are fishing more than 800m from the highway (hey don't ask me) I had a fellow near Barachois Pond P.P.(Stephenville) his last name was Martin or Martins guide me for the day, great time. Most guides can supply you with gear