Can anyone identify this?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
crankbait58
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Can anyone identify this?

Post by crankbait58 »

Hello all - this jointed 4" has really been a proven big pike lure for me over the years and it has also been abused by a few muskie teeth in its time. As you can see from the broken treble and all the missing paint, the toothy critters have not been kind to it (the other side looks much worse!) but then again, its about 20 years old. I would love to replace it but I can't find the manufacturer's name on the lure and internet searches have come up empty so far. Does anyone know if these are still being made and who makes them or something similar? The Creek Chubb "Pikies" are similar but not close enough Your knowledgable FH assistance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. :D

FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

"Creek Chubb" Looks like the make, but just by looking, it might be made by "Lucky Strike"

Just a guess, been awhile since I've seen a make/lure like that! Wicked bait indeed!!

F.F
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

its a lucky strike model 800 ol wooden plug. The colour looks discontinued.

May be yellow perch or green perch might be the closest they make currently

http://www.luckystrikebaitworks.com/product.asp?p=54
crankbait58
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by crankbait58 »

Bingo! Thanks a million for the help guys.
tallpaul
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by tallpaul »

Just for kicks, I've got some of my grandpa's old lures... I'll snap some pics and people can (try to) tell me what they are!!
8)
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

tallpaul wrote:Just for kicks, I've got some of my grandpa's old lures... I'll snap some pics and people can (try to) tell me what they are!!
8)
do it - it will be fun I like old lures reels etc. It fun to see how far we have come technology wise yet when it comes to lures the old stuff still works
tallpaul
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by tallpaul »

As promised... 8)

Hmmm... maybe I should have put something in the first pic for scale... the body of the lure that is top-right (not including metal 'nose' or any part of the hook) is 6".

Q: on the perch bait (bottom right) there's some waxy soap-scum like stuff on the tail portion. I cleaned up the front part for the pic, but what is it and how do I keep it from forming? I'm not using these lures, the white/waxiness just returns over time...

CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

they look like lucky strike plugs.

the waxiness is coming from the wood. it sleeching out. not much you can do except keep cleaning it off.
horsehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by horsehunter »

Bot left Bassoreno Bot right Mirolure Top right may be Mirolure but probably Cisco Kid

Top lure bottom picture don't Know but I have one and if I wasn't so lazy I could go down the basement and find out.
I love golf it keeps thousands of unworthy off the water
tallpaul
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by tallpaul »

Well, horsehunter did really well!

The two small lures have no indication of what they are...

Same goes for the top-left lure.
Top-right = Cisco Kid
Bottom-left = Bass-oreno
Bottom-right = L&S PIKEMASTER (floating)

cheers,
tallpaul