Lac La Pêche Gatineau Park

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Lac La Pêche Gatineau Park

Post by LeGrand »

Last year during a fishing outing at this lake I noticed a sign on the beach advising boaters that some restrictions would apply in 2010. My understanding at the time was possibly the restriction of using fuel engines to propulse your boat on the lake. They always had the maximum 9.9 hp restriction.

I called this morning, and was told that the boat ramp was taken away and is no fenced, due to their environmental policy. But if you wanted to still go fishing you have to carry your boat over the fence and put it in the water, then all your gear (motor included) in the boat.

Guess they encourage the use of canoes and electric motor.
troutbum
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by troutbum »

Leave to the NCC to come up with that Brain Fart :roll: :roll:
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Going to have to go and see what kind of fence / barrier they installed to determine if it is worth a hernia or just use a canoe with an electric motor.

Also hope the people at the site know of the rule of "if you can carry it over then you are OK", cause I wouldn't want to have to haul it back over without having had a chance to go fishing.

:roll:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

All has to do with the Cappuccino Sucking .....Granola Crunching....Bicycle Riding ....Whinny ...KAYAKERS !!!!!!!! :x :twisted: :twisted:

Too many waves on the lake..... :roll: :roll:
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

The NCC, 15 years ago, changed their mandate to what I call "Gleber accomodation". If you wear Birkenstocks, bermuda-shorts, anything-but-a-t-shirt, Gore-tex, and a straw hat, or if you have a bicycle that is worth over $1500 or cross-country skis that are in better shape than OUR boats, then Gatineau Park is for you.

I personally know one of the Conservation Agents that work in the Park, and asked him about the boat launch 2 weeks ago. He said the problem was that some people would use the launch to lauch bigger boats (bigger than 9.9's and tinnies), and would putt around the lake for hours. The issue was when they would be done fishing, they would roar back to shore, which would draw complaints from legal boaters, beach-goers, and of course, the Glebers.

So what's the best way to stop the big boats and only have tinnies on the lake, get rid of the launch.

Gatineau Park is way WAY understaffed in terms of Conservation Officers, and the parks mandate is in NO WAY geared towards our types of outdoor activities. The proof is that none of the lakes have been stocked in more than a decade (some say almost 30 years). Yet, the trails get groomed daily for cross-country skiing, and every effort has been made to accomodate cyclists and hikers.

If you have a car-topper, you'll be fine, and you can fish the lake all you want. I know I will.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

No brain fart. Expect fences up on some of the more popular lakes in the park starting this year. As part of the new environment policy, not only boat launches but many shorelines will have fences up this year as well to help restore shoreline vegetation.
Last edited by Tip-up on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishToLive
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishToLive »

This document indicates electric motors only

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/ ... 8_Map7.pdf

I don't mind the "electric motor only" rule but why block the boat launch if we are still allowed to carry the boat??? I guess they want to decrease the number of boats launched to prevent the spread of blue algea,...

I'll drop by next weekend to see what the deal is.
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

I've emailed the NCC Conservation Officer, and will post back when I get an answer.

GG
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

FishToLive wrote:This document indicates electric motors only

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/ ... 8_Map7.pdf

I don't mind the "electric motor only" rule but why block the boat launch if we are still allowed to carry the boat??? I guess they want to decrease the number of boats launched to prevent the spread of blue algea,...

I'll drop by next weekend to see what the deal is.
The map was a planned document published in 2005. Guess that's their long-term goal, but it seems you are still allowed 9.9 hp or less.

As for bigger HP, guess they really don't have the manpower to check the outboards.
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Wow! Thanks LeGrand. I hadn't seen the notation that this document was from 2005.

One little trick for Gatineau Park (although it will lilkely change, if the word gets out): Get there early. If you get there before the staff are at the gates, you don't have to pay for the access/parking.

GG
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

GuinnessGuy wrote:Wow! Thanks LeGrand. I hadn't seen the notation that this document was from 2005.

One little trick for Gatineau Park (although it will lilkely change, if the word gets out): Get there early. If you get there before the staff are at the gates, you don't have to pay for the access/parking.

GG
Darnn, there goes the best kept secret.

:lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

what can say............

CANOE OR KAYAK is the way to go now in those lakes.

and actualy i am happy about this...because people did go in some lake but use bigger motor that what they were supose to..so now we wont see those 25 foot pontoon on lac lapeche wit the parties.on..gooddddddd

thos lakes are paddle lakes mainly people go there to wild camping and relax..no need to hear those freaking gas motors there...my 2 cents.

sorry if its not what people want to hear but there still plenty off place for motors....and i would put those lake NO GAS MOTOR LAKES pure and simple.

they block the beack becasue off what people did before and new regs.

yep people have to pay for what others did before.

same on meech lake..i still see bass boat and bigs boat there..its people that are on the lakes owners..but again i would make that lake no gas motor pure and simple. there to...owner or not.

joco.
troutbum
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by troutbum »

Well as a new found kayak fishing fisherman I kinda agree with Joco to an extent. If NCC feels that strongly about it make the lakes no gas motors in the park. There are plenty of parks both Provincial and Federal that don't allow gas motors. However don't fence off access.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Guess I'll have to buy a bigger electric motor, with lots of trust.

:?
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

joco wrote: sorry if its not what people want to hear but there still plenty off place for motors....and i would put those lake NO GAS MOTOR LAKES pure and simple.
Fine.

Just make sure that the canoers and kayakers stay the hell off of gas allowed lakes.

It would be nice to find a lake where you can't hear their high-pitched whine from one end of the lake to the other...

I have a plan for Lac Lapeche;

I will have a couple of electric trolling motors set up with 4x 12 volt batteries.... and a gas generator on board to keep them all charged.

Tien-toi!!!!!!!!!!

Craig