White Lake?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

White Lake?

Post by Troller »

Hello Guys,
I have decided to dry dock my boat at While Lake this year. We are looking forward to have lot's of fun boating and fishing. I will be there this weekend probably Sunday and Monday. This is not a lake I know well yet. How has the fishing been there so far. I have not fished that lake in a few years.

Thanks,
Dave
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

cousin_v wrote:If I were you I would look at docking at another lake for the summer. White Lake is still a decent bass Lake in the summer for quantity but not for size. It has really been seeing alot of pressure the last few years. Good luck wherever you decide to go.

I'll attest to the lack of size, but still decent quantity.

Eric
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

It's been hit pretty hard. Big lake though,

There is a MNR fish hatchery right near it I thought, you would guess there would be better stocking since it's called the White lake fish hatchery....

They could put more Walleye in....some of the local lakes used to have brook trout too, naturally...also some of the little rivers and streams too... sad.
14fishing
Participant
Participant

Post by 14fishing »

Agree. Lots of pressure, especially on weekends. Also, more pleasure craft the last few years. Last year, we had water skiers buzz by within casting range while we were trying to fish.
In 6 days last year, we only had 1 bass over 4 lbs. Prior years, we had several over 5 lbs (all were released).
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

FishingIsHealing wrote:It's been hit pretty hard. Big lake though,

There is a MNR fish hatchery right near it I thought, you would guess there would be better stocking since it's called the White lake fish hatchery....

They could put more Walleye in....some of the local lakes used to have brook trout too, naturally...also some of the little rivers and streams too... sad.
The White lake hatchery is off of Highway 7. White Lake near Arnprior doesn't have a fish hatchery.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey guys
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! We had not a bad couple of outings. Sunday we caught some pike. We switched up today and caught a lot of panfish with some real worms and GULP. We caught a couple more pike as well on artificials. Busy lake this weekend.
Thanks
Dave 8)