lost fishing licence

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
petawawarace
Participant
Participant

lost fishing licence

Post by petawawarace »

Just need some help guys,

My card expired this year so I had to get a new one (the piece of paper for now)

After getting stopped out on the BOQ and having everything in order, I can no longer find it. Obviously I'm hoping my new card comes in very soon, but I'm going out this weekend. I guess worst case scenario I will have to go buy a new one. But does anyone know where one can get a temporary one from?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

In your shoes, I'd contact MNR, in person. The only place I know of is in Kemptville, and see what they can do. I'd bet they can look up in the db that you did already pay, and re-issue.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Hookup wrote:In your shoes, I'd contact MNR, in person. The only place I know of is in Kemptville, and see what they can do. I'd bet they can look up in the db that you did already pay, and re-issue.

It all depends if the bait shop/Canadian tire of wherever he purchased the license from has send a copy to the MNR. Sometimes it can take up to months depending on the place and they wait until they have a decent number of licenses sold before shipping it out to the MNR headquarters.

You should call and ask but if you purchased the license recently you might have to purchase another one.

:?
|Dore|
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Had that experience last year, they
charged the Missus $9 to replace it. :evil: :evil:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Do you know your outdoors card number? If so you can go online and print an E license

[/url]https://outdoorscard.mnr.gov.on.ca/engl ... =&s=20[url]

Or call the 1-800-387-7011
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

You purchased the liscence, which means you do not need to get a new one. Call the MNR and give them your information, they can provide you with your number more than likely.
Pike Puncher
Participant
Participant

Post by Pike Puncher »

This time last year my lic and $700 in tackle went over board. I paid the insulting $9 lost lic fee AT THE MINISTRY OFFICE, and I never did get anything in the mail. I have since purchased another for this year.

Billy
petawawarace
Participant
Participant

Post by petawawarace »

I called the outdoors card hotline and they said I could go to a service ontario kiosk and sign an affidavid saying i got one but lost it...In Pembroke there is no way I'm spending less than 2 hours at the service Ontario desk waiting in line, So I'll just go pay another 30+ dollars tomorrow

Thanks for the help guys

Jeff
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

As a licence issuer, we do not wait until we have a decent # sold to submit. On the 20th of each month, we submit what we sold the month previous, even if we only sold 1. So if you bought yours the 1st of May, it will not be submitted until the 20th of June. It takes them a month or longer to cash the damned cheque, so God only knows how long it takes them to go through the licenses. However, if it is the 21st when we submit, we are good for a phone call from the mnr as well as a visit (none too pleasant) from a C.O. as well as a fine if it happens again.

If you visit the office in Kemptville, bring a lunch.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Pike Puncher wrote:This time last year my lic and $700 in tackle went over board. I paid the insulting $9 lost lic fee AT THE MINISTRY OFFICE, and I never did get anything in the mail. I have since purchased another for this year.

Billy
Yeah, I neglected to mention the Missus never got anything in the mail either!! :twisted: :twisted:
A blatant 'cash-grab' if ya ask me!! :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

What I do with my boating card, licence, etc is photo copy everything - front and back. I carry the original with me, have a copy in the boat and a copy at home.
That way you have proof and all the info necessary to get a new one if need be. I thought I lost my wallet a couple years back and had no problem getting a new licence or boating card.
Keep them all in a plastic bag with a copy of your insurance, ownership, etc.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

If you buy you license online you can print out multiple copies to use while you wait for your new card to show up.

The only bad thing about purchasing every three years it's hard to remember when to renew. I guess I'll go have a look at mine now. It's never moved since I got it since we don't see any CO's out here. I'm good till the end of this year, guess it's been in my wallet for 2 years already with my 7 year old pleasure craft license which will most likely never get any use ether. LOL
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin