Multiple Species- involving a Muskie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Multiple Species- involving a Muskie

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Highlight of my day...

I cast out a segment of worm and a small panfish jig and let it sink and I got a pretty solid fight but I knew it was a little fish, then it became a dead weight with some thrashing and the fish went under into an area I couldn't see and I pulled it up and it was a nice long juvenile muskie and as soon as I got him up to my lap to take a look, it dropped off and to my shock a perch was on the hook still alive........no bite marks. So I dipped it back in to see if there was life in it, and it was still lively so i let it go on. Hopefully it lived on.

I've seen this before but still it never gets old....

Also caught 20+ Sunfish (bluegills, pumpkinseed etc)

1 OOS smallmouth 2lbs, released instantly

Many Perch 10+ all small ones

One thing I noticed was alot of Carp Activity........many carp........doing their weird mating rituals or something.....Where they leap out of the water or just crest it.....that and blowing bubbles in huge amounts....

I want to catch a couple this year, that's something I've not done alot of in the past.

Catfish are also on my hit list.................Problem is panfish bite the worms to pieces before the catfish can come along.

I know the Rideau has a large catfish population, but they keep a low profile and are all of the bullhead variety at least from what I've read.

Take Care everyone,

==FIH==
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

sweet report dude!

congrats on the great catches and the oos species also.

keep up the good fishing flowing.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Thanks 24/7 and friends.......I'm hoping this year will be even better. With new health difficulties to face I assume the fishing must get better eh? lol.

I bought a new bike to help me get around. It has a 450 Watt motor and 2 NiMH batteries which propels a fat guy (330lbs) to about 30km/h with occasional pedalling up hills but on flas barely any pedalling....

The bike turns heads....people aren't used to seeing a bike going at a good pace with no one powering it.

I realize the batteries are expensive, and I will have to replace after about 200 charges maybe less, may more I dunno.........

All I know I wanted a gas bike but my father decided against it, because it was illegal, loud and i would get ticketed for it. I wanted gas for it's reliability, and the fact I didn't have to rely on charge to get me around. I don't know how far it's able to go, I'd love to find out some day I might just find a street that is like a big Oval...and let one of my buddies drive the thing until it dies totallly.....because I sure can't sit on one for that long without ending up in severe pain for a week after lol. Im getting old..........25 coming up soon.............

So anyways, hopefully the bike will work out. and hopefully I can loose some weight and do some fishing in the meantime..............

The model I have is a Schwinn Invidia with 2 batteries on the back. Takes 6-8 hours to charge and the farthest my friend rode it was 14.3km mostly flat land with 2 bridges.

It's on sale now at canadian tire think 599 or something with 1 battery? maybe 2? I dunno i just spent 800 on this one new, from some nice older lady who probably found it too heavy, it is VERY heavy.....the weight of a small motorbike. mine had both batteries and saddle bags and front bags and things to store fishing good in and cell phones, wallets etc.

This is the beginning of electric biking and it's kind of hit or miss, I think the future has alot to hold for electric biking. It's really very nice, quiet, equivalent to a 50cc motor without being illegal.....and good torque when compared to electric motors.

That's my rant......... ;)
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Way-2-go Tom !
Nice work buddy ... keep it up !
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

good job buddie
your doing better than me so far this season
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Sweet.. I've never had that happen... yet... pretty cool for sure...
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

great fishing

Post by Big Jim »

Great fishing man... :D 8)

Keep it up!!!

BIG JIM
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Multiple Species- involving a Muskie

Post by Out4trout »

FishingIsHealing wrote: Catfish are also on my hit list.................Problem is panfish bite the worms to pieces before the catfish can come along.
==FIH==
Hey Tom - Nice report - good job - incidental Musky is great!!
Re: Catfish...
My experience is to switch bait to something bigger - like Chicken Livers, and go after dark. Should put ya on more pout and less pannies...
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Multiple Species- involving a Muskie

Post by DropShotr »

FishingIsHealing wrote: Catfish are also on my hit list
I hear Victoria Island is a hotspot :wink:

Great report Tom. Thanks for sharing.

DS
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant