water levels

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Oziles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

water levels

Post by Oziles »

The water levels at the marina are about as low as I have seen in the past ten years. They are lower than summer levels. Just trying to get a feel for what the other water bodies are like, and particularly up north. Joco, what's the word from the power station? If this keeps up I'll have to extend my launch ramp!!!

Yves
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Before this rain and snow the rideau was the lowest that my grampa had seen in as long as he can remember, and he lives on it. I went fishing on saturday past and my boat was sitting in the mud at the end of the dock. 3-4 feet below normal. They must of been filling the canal at this time im guessing.
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
Oziles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Oziles »

They have been filling the canal but the [process should not have much affect on the Ottawa river levels. I have been on the Ottawa for 45 plus years and the only time I recall seeing the river this low was 30 plus years ago and never at this time of year...We delivered a boat to Hurst earlier this week and the boat could not be fully backed up into the slip as it was down to rocks...
Do note that water came up about 4" since yesterday...
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

YVES.

THE ONLY I CAN SAY..ITS BAD ALL OVER.

you should see the gatineau river.

the prob some sector are protect ..like the baskatong..there a law that saw that hydro as to keep a cetrtain level in it for all cottage and so on....so to keep that level they have to shut down some other area..so wather level drops in other area off river s and so on.but this is the gatineau

on ottawa..there so many company that have dasm on it or in there trubuteries.

same all over hydro company try to keep there water in there reservoir........this is like money in bak for them..water=hydro production so they keep the water for higher demand in summer etc.

now the comapny make more in summer ther in winter they sell in usa etc more$$..

this is just a big market.

i cant say how bad it swill go..but right now here we are shut100% and usely we are in some kind off rush in water nothing this year,.

those not look good...for nobody
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I've been saying it for weeks and have got scoffed at...... :lol:

There are problems coming for cottage and waterside residents....there is no water coming from anywhere other than the sky to help it either......

Lakes aren't too bad....but the Rideau system and the Ottawa are going to be a mess......

RJ
Oziles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Oziles »

Not good. Don't know if Carillon is open but hopefully come mid May the levels will have come up a bit...or we get some rain...
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

I'm pretty sure the City of Ottawa will dump enough sewage in the river to raise levels enough for everyone to be happy. :wink:
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

for all your water level queries ... chech out this thread;

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewt ... highlight=

Based on historical records... we are near recrod low levels of water.....

2009/2010 snowfall = near record low = near record low water levels in spring.... makes sense to me
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

It's the worst I've seen it in the 22 years I've lived out here....a buddy of mine is mooring his float plane 2 doors down from me......he was heading up to his camp in Quebec this morning and was BEACHED!!!!....it took the three of all we had to finally get the plane floating again!!! :evil:
mblaney
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mblaney »

I have been reading on other forums that the Great Lakes and bay of Quinte are all at or near record lows. I will be hitting Quinte next week; word is that some ramps are unusable.

Hope it isn't too dry this summer!
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

jwhite wrote:I'm pretty sure the City of Ottawa will dump enough sewage in the river to raise levels enough for everyone to be happy. :wink:
Obviously I know it's a joke, but because the water level is so low, does that mean less sewage in the Ottawa this year?
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Have been out on the Mississippi a few times, getting lower each time out.
This body of water is in trouble already.
Town Launch is way low.
By the time Bass season rolls around Lake Park lodge will be high and dry.
Where is the water going to come from now... spring run off finished.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

plowjock wrote:Have been out on the Mississippi a few times, getting lower each time out.
This body of water is in trouble already.
Town Launch is way low.
By the time Bass season rolls around Lake Park lodge will be high and dry.
Where is the water going to come from now... spring run off finished.
Agree...the Miss looks like it is July/August in one of those hotter than hell summers and we aren't even into May yet. Some crappie spots I fish from shore are usualy covered in water and I need to wear boots are bone dry. Down stream through CP, very low. In Pakenham it is usally white water under the bridge.......looks like August.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Water is low for sure!!
Last edited by troutnmuskiehunter on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.