Detroit River Walleye

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
uglyfish
Participant
Participant

Detroit River Walleye

Post by uglyfish »

myself and my girlfriend, ashley, headed to windsor on saturday morning to hook up with Bob Devine of chartertalk guide servive. met him at the ramp around 8am and headed out onto the detroit river for a little walleye jigging. first spot yeilded 2 walleye and one smallmouth bass, then nuthin for a few drifts. a phone call later and we were running down river, 20 miles down river, haha. got to another area and made our first pass. FISH ON! we spent the rest of our day fishing that area and boated a total of 16 walleye, 3 smallmouth bass, 1 rock bass, 1 sucker, 1 silver bass and 1 muskie. a boat in the smae area as us hooked into a sturgeon!! the poor guy fought the fish for about an hour before it came unbuttoned haha. he looked pretty upset about it, just kinda sat in the boat for a while. lol. we had a few sprinkles of rain and winds blowing a bit harder then forecasted, but we persisted and had a great day. gotta give credit to my lovely girl, ashley for putting up with it. shes not a fan of the cold or rain, AND shes 7 months pregnant on top of things!!

OH, and she landed the biggest walleye of the day, her FIRST EVER walleye....

29.25" PB Walleye, and this girl had some shoulders on her!!

heres the muskie i caught

sadly i forgot my camera in my truck, so we only got a couple pics with Bob's camera. it was a great day out there! they have a simply amazing fishery out there. Bob is a great guy to spend a day on the water with. he knows his stuff out there and can show ya a thing or two when it comes to catchin walleye on the river. we will without a doubt be back out with him! i highly recommend him to anyone whos lookin for a great day on the water for whatever finned foe u wanna chase! www.chartertalk.com

thanks again Bob! we'll see u again soon!
stclairhound
Participant
Participant

Post by stclairhound »

Walleye fishing at its best this time of year. Gotta love the DR in the spring. You picked a good guide in Bob Devine.
uglyfish
Participant
Participant

Post by uglyfish »

yes, it is the 2nd time we have been out with him. hes a stand up guy! i would recommend him to anyone.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

holy moly that golden eye is a brute of a chunk nugget!

congrats.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice walleye :) .