Quebec Trout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
steve2112
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Quebec Trout

Post by steve2112 »

Hi guys

We had an awesome opener, perfect conditions. Fishing was incredible. Our group caught a lot of fish today. The water was as warm as it has ever been for opening weekend and the bite was great. Many of these pictures were snapped from the front of a very old canoe, we leave at the lake. This makes it hard to get good quality pictures.

Road into lake

The lake itself

First fish of the year

Second Fish of the year

My buddy Trevor's first fish

Another nice one for me

These are the 5 biggest we caught today

What an awesome day! Over 20 fish caught today.

Steve
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Beautiful.....THese are spots you don't tell anyone about ever.

The trout being in there is very special in this day and age. Trout are under so much pressure and this spot you guys have is great, keep it amongst yourselves and those you trust so maybe your children and their children will have a great spot to fish for these beauties.

Trout are the holy grail of fishing in my opinion. their beauty is second to none....

I know you will guard these spots well and I thank you for it. We really need to conserve our fish. Whether it's trout in the Quebec area or trout in Ontario, or even Walleye. Walleye is getting hit badly by poacher. I think we should have a 1 year ban on Walleye to get their numbers up a bit more and then reduce the limit to 1 fish of any size, except for large females.

Beautiful report, great pictures, I could almost imagine myself being there. I have a funny feeling I know the area you were fishing in. but I won't say anything.

Take Care,

==Tom==

And ALWAYS REMEMBER, Fishing is Healing. It's a 'sport" that gets down into your soul and provides the most relaxation that can be had without drinking beer or using some sort of anxiety drug. Fishing is a totallly healthy thing that really can get rid of the stress of a week at work,at a job you really despise or if you have a breakup with a girlfriend and partner, just go fishing, and fish until you feel better. It's Therapy....and no human being can top it. Psychologists, have nothing on the power of the wild outdoors and fishing.

Peace out everyone :)

Sorry if my post sounds crazy but some people may understand how i feel.........Thanks :)
Last edited by FishingIsHealing on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice brookies you got there guys :) .
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Very nice fish right there.. 8)

Congrats to the Gang..
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

EPIC lake man congrats!
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Awesome report and pics Steve...
Glad you and your buddies had a successful QC Trout Opener!
Congrats !!
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
FrogEyes
Participant
Participant

Post by FrogEyes »

Nice report, beautiful catch!
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Nice fishin Steve.

That road looks better than last year.

Maple
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

Really nice catch.......

Chen K
solar
Participant
Participant

Post by solar »

FishingIsHealing wrote: And ALWAYS REMEMBER, Fishing is Healing. It's a 'sport" that gets down into your soul and provides the most relaxation that can be had without drinking beer or using some sort of anxiety drug. Fishing is a totallly healthy thing that really can get rid of the stress of a week at work,at a job you really despise or if you have a breakup with a girlfriend and partner, just go fishing, and fish until you feel better. It's Therapy....and no human being can top it. Psychologists, have nothing on the power of the wild outdoors and fishing.

Sorry if my post sounds crazy but some people may understand how i feel.........Thanks :)
Not crazy one bit from my point of view. I agree 100%.