LF feedback on 5th Annual Toothy Derby

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishtraks
Participant
Participant

Toothy critter derby....

Post by Fishtraks »

Right on JR!!
If someone doesn't like how it's being run, they can use the opportunity to seek enjoyment elsewhere!! ....like go shopping with the wife :lol:
Mabey the "household item in the pic" would be a good thing. If it gets big enough, sooner or later, someone will try some fancy dancing...
But give it at least one more year...if it becomes too much, make a decision after the fact.
my $.02.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Good on ya for keeping this goin J.....depending on when it is I may join yas for the day....sounds like a good day....and I like Broadways wings... :lol:

RJ
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BigC »

Hey Mr. J

Had a great time last year and agree with most if it's a stresser let it go.

But if it's a fun event (which it is) it's going to grow I don't think that can be stopped. So the issue is the fear of cheating, which isn't a surprise becasue I had more than one person ask, you caught that fish today? Becasue of the almost bluebird like conditions in the Musky shot compared to the overcast day it was on the water and in my Pike shot.

I also remember the quality photo of the winning Musky and know without some sort of editing software it may have been hard to see an item smaller than a basketball in that photo. So I thought I would throw my opinion into the ring where it can be quickly picked up or shat on whichever the case may be.

Prizes all same price range.
Money goes to Charity.

Some sort of 50/50 split or whatever. Then anyone who would be cheating would hopefully stay away.

Fun for all is the overall goal afterall.

I would preregister you could hold it at the various Musky group meetings a month or two before. Or at Broadways a couple Thursday night before or whatever is most convient for you.

BigC

Oh ya having caught the second biggest Musky and 3rd or 4th Largest Pike last year maybe a prize for total inches of fish...LOL
Last edited by BigC on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Well I do not think the household item thing will work. Every picture of a pike or musky I have has some household item in it planning for you to make this decision..ahahaha.. :twisted: I have prepaired and waited for you to make this mistake......I will keep shut now as I have said to much :lol:

How about a specific code or number with each pic J. Has to be given to you before launch time or sometime thruout the day. Just like we do on Bountyfishing.com. So you could post it the night before the derby on here and people are responsible for jotting it down.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Fellas....has cheating ever been an issue?..... :?

Your photos can easily be viewed via a laptop at the restaurant....piece of cake....

As far as having an item in the pic....just make up tickets for the random draw for prizes.....when you pay in the morning....you get one half....the other half goes in the draw.....have your half in the picture with your fish....set a time....if yer late....yer not in....unless you pre-register with J.

You've done a great job with this J....keep it simple... :wink:

RJ
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I haven't joined you guys in the derby yet, but it seems pretty simple to me, it's your derby, you make the rules, post them before hand and if some folks don't like it, too bad, either accept it or don't join.
As RJ said, keep it simple and the focus on fun!
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

I must agree...it is indeed an unforgivable thing for the organizer to win his own derby...then again, I also think he should have to wear Jamies multi-coloured clown wig annually. :lol:
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Kpin wrote: I also think he should have to wear Jamies multi-coloured clown wig annually. :lol:
What will Jamie wear :?: :lol:

Maybe you can loan him your Yellow rain coat and rubber boots :!: :lol:

Sorry bud I couldn't resist 8)
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Who knows......this year I may 8) :shock: :lol: show up with the AMIGOS
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:Who knows......this year I may 8) :shock: :lol: show up with the AMIGOS

Stranger things have happened...Let us know soon , before the birds make their nest out of these muskie lures I have hanging out in one of the trees in my back yard... :wink: 8) 8)

They've been out for a week now and the birds have taken a real likeing to them.... :wink:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

you should seriously think about your mental health paul....

this comming from a family memeber.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

The Nutcracker Prince wrote...Maybe you can loan him your Yellow rain coat and rubber boots

I freaking knew I'd never live down wearing that plastic bag like fishing ensemble. However, fashion aside, it served me well at the neverending rain at Lake Kash! :lol: