Valley outdoors(carp) show alive and well

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

If only it wasn't so far away. It's kind of like the Senators on the wrong side of town. :wink:
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Birdee and I hit the show on Friday night...great bumping into a few of the FH folk....the show looked to be set to be another success!

RJ
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

By the signage it looked to be that the fishing exhibits were in one building and the hunting in another,that's why the additional buildings.
BUT the were mixed together.And there seemed to be more on hunting than fishing.Also if I hear another tukey call. :x :x :( :(
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Great pics Matt !

Had a good time all day Saturday at the show (9-5).
Watched a few of the seminars (even heckled JP during his show :) sorry brother).

Bought some new lures (Viper Spoons and Northham Spinners-thanks for the help JP) and some Bait Girl stuff to try out (garlic infused, salted, black & pumpkin seed coloured worms !

Can't wait to get out on the water and try this stuff out !
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Baitgirl and her booth....stopped in for a chat and a bit of a scolding... :oops:

Nice products ladies..I look forward to posting a pic of a big fat bass caught on them. 8)

Best of luck with those great baits!

Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Darn turkey calls. I worked the Muskies Canada booth saturday morning. Now I know why people want to shoot turkeys!!!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Lunker Larry wrote:Darn turkey calls. I worked the Muskies Canada booth saturday morning. Now I know why people want to shoot turkeys!!!
I can't agree with you more! Turkey callers on one side, geese callers on the other. Sometimes it was so loud you couldn't even talk to people that have come by the booth.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Try living with the real mccoy!!!

Or worse a grouse thats nesting outside your bedroom window.....sounds like helicopters taking off all night.... :evil:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Yeah, but you can shoot them! The birds at least... LOL ;-)
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Todd B. wrote:
Lunker Larry wrote:Darn turkey calls. I worked the Muskies Canada booth saturday morning. Now I know why people want to shoot turkeys!!!
I can't agree with you more! Turkey callers on one side, geese callers on the other. Sometimes it was so loud you couldn't even talk to people that have come by the booth.
I agree, those calls were fully annoying when trying to talk to people. I must admit, for being my first Valley Sportsman Show experience, it was ok but I was not overly impressed. I thought there would be way more in terms of deals and variety. And seriously, could they not move those turkey/geese call guys over to the building with the hunting stuff in it. I just don't see how a turkey call is going to help me catch more fish. On a positive note though, at least people don't hunt for crow (I don't think :?)... Can you imagine if there were CROW calls - "KAAWWWWW!!! KAAWWWWWW!" I can't think of a more annoying bird call than that. :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

fiish,

At risk of being labeled a know-all....there actually is a crow call and its used as a "shock call" to locate wild turkeys....

Yes it is an annoying call
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

And a crow call is also used to call crows........ for crow hunting...... People actually do hunt crows fiish......

now a sea gull call.............that's a whole different story....lol.
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

My bad... :oops:

I guess that's why the term "eating crow" exists. I'll go have my piece right now. :wink:
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Thanks for all of you that dropped by to say Hello over the 3 days. It was great to see so many familur faces and a couple new ones as well.

A special thanks to Fishing Depot, That Hunting and Fishing Store, Bits and Baits and Oziles for having me in thier booth.

Thanks Slushy for letting me use one of your awsome Musky spinner bait for my seminar. You da best.

I will see you all soon at the Guy Show in May 15-16 and the Sportsman's Show in Kingston May 8-9.

Cheers

JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

the show

Post by mikemicropterus »

:D I tried to get booth space way back in Dec, gave Dave all my needs as far as space for booth but Dave didn't get back to me till Feb :oops: and tried to sell me space in his Beckwith show instead, :roll: when he did finally get back to me he only had one booth left, very dissapointing :cry: as I wanted to meet some of you guys and show off some custom rods I have made. Imagine a custom Loomis blank clone for a decent price. 8) Maybe next year. :D
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Read my Blogs on http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/auth ... rstorm-ca/

Listen to Podcasts on http://www.spreaker.com/show/lanark_county_confidential