What is Big Jim doing this winter

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

What is Big Jim doing this winter

Post by almontefisher »

So Jim..Hate to put you on the spot but any BIG plans this year for the hardwater season or is it a winter of rest?? Have not heard of any amazing fishing trips from you lately. I am sure through it all you have made it to some great days of fishing this year. I am curious if you will be hitting some lakes for Whities, trout, pannies what??
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Rumour has it, he's doing a Kenora trip with Pyzer and all the other big names like his last trip....and fatluke is being his personal chauffeur.......

Actually it's not a rumor...........it was just a daydream I had when I read this...
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

big trips

Post by Big Jim »

Have a few on the burner here including the old Lake of the Woods with the guys from HT and Mr. Pyzer. :D

Also trying to get one together with Izumi and Brosdhal up in the Temagami area...that will be a hoot. 8)

Had some great days this summer and made up for a bit of the lost time last summer when the old chemo was ruling the roost.
One of the problems is that I have zero strength...good news is that my last treatment is this coming Monday and that should last for about 90 days...then I go into the great unknown again.

We have got a big ice fishing evening just about put to bed for January 7th at Le Baron in Ottawa with HT...should be a good time as usual.

Enjoy the holidays :D

BIG JIM
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Glad to hear this round of treatments are coming to end and good news to see you are doing another event at Lebaron's. I went to the one last year (I think it was last year) and it was packed full of great info. If you guys get the chance to make it there it will be worth the trip.
Gord

NPAA#553
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Hey Gordo

Post by Big Jim »

Gordo nice to see you here...I am off to Bas Pro in the AM for a couple of days with their big ice-fishing weekend...always fun...missed it last year...dam chemo :D I win so far though.

All the best to you and yours for the season my friend. :D

Merry Christmas

BIG JIM
Jeff_C
Participant
Participant

Post by Jeff_C »

I hope to be in to BPS on Sunday morning and will make sure that I say "hello"!

Jeff
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

I would imagine, during this festive season, Big Jim may perhaps visit the "jiggly room" and partake with a cold beverage. (Stritcly for research purposes).
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, Jim! Tight lines!

Doug
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

cocktails???

Post by Big Jim »

No cocktails here for over two and a half years now ...when I mentioned perhaps a beer at my evening a year ago the Dr. just waved his finger back and forth...no...nyet...nadda... none, "O"....no way....they take this cancer crap pretty serious when they find a body to experiment on. :shock: :shock:

Make mine a cold...wet...tiny pieces of crushed ice on the bottle....bobbing in the cooler :D MGD

LARGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~out

PS...beer store opens in less than an hour for those who can indulge.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Shane ("Devil Loon") and I say a prayer for Big Jim every night...you can count on us continuing this, too. :wink:

Hooray on your final treatment today. :P I hope your energy level picks up. And soon you'll get out there on the ice and find some good fishing!!

W.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

wolfe wrote:Shane ("Devil Loon") and I say a prayer for Big Jim every night...you can count on us continuing this, too. :wink:

Hooray on your final treatment today. :P I hope your energy level picks up. And soon you'll get out there on the ice and find some good fishing!!

W.
BLESS YOU!

Doug
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I don't know about this winter but next Summer you better be on Jim!!...you and I have a little outing to manage together! Till then take care Jim, Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2010.

In the meantime set yourself on Facebook...a friend like you and a Big Jim fan club page is what all anglers need in there!

Yan
Trophy Hunter
Participant
Participant

Big Jim

Post by Trophy Hunter »

Hey Jim , if you remember I was tellng you over supper at the Muskies Canada outing about My Bud Charlie who was fighting the same battle as you ,good news treatments are over and he feels great ! keep up the positive outlook as you are an inspiration to all ! :D Merry Xmas
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

getting on with it!!!

Post by Big Jim »

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts guys...it is this type of thing that really keeps me going when it ain't so good... :D

Only one way to do this and it is smiling :D :D :D and :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winter/Icefishing issue of JUST FISHING is at the press for this Sunday, should be out everywhere before Xmas.

BIG JIM
Ron Reyns
Participant
Participant

JUST FISHING MAGAZINE

Post by Ron Reyns »

Hey Big Jim,

Did you happen to do a write up on new gear in this issue? I was just curoius if you made mention of some of the new winter ball caps, you know, the ones with the extra ear flaps and LED lights built right in to the brim of the cap?

I know you found it handy at the Gananoque MCI outing back in October. HA ha ha

Cheers, Ron....

PS: I hope everyone has a great, safe and fishy Christmas and a Happy New Year.