BOQ report - Nov 13

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
West Lake Willows
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

BOQ report - Nov 13

Post by West Lake Willows »

Was out yesterday in the reach. Not a great day but finished 5 for 6. Got 3 in the first 15minutes then the bite died. Found playing with speed was the ticket. They would strike when speeding up or slowing down.

The first is todays big fish the second picture is the big fish from a few days ago but I just got the picture emailed to me.

There is lots of fishing around Thompson's point although mostly smaller fish . There is the odd big one but you have to wade through smaller fish first before you get your 10+.

The reach doesn't seem to have as active fish, but they are bigger on the whole. I have got a 12+ on each of the last 3 charters. Still waiting for the 13+ though.

Best lures are as usual Reef runners in purple colours, TDD11 in Purple and the different lure that worked well was a Sebile's koolie minnow 118 and there magic swimmer in a regular sink. Interesting baits, but work great. The 118 koolie is alot like a reef runner but has an oil inside a transfer system as the oil rolls around the bait rolls like you wouldn't believe. I had never seen these before but I believe Landshark on here has posted pics of them before and uses them alot. The guys I were out with brought a box of them to try and although they weren't the best colours we still got a few on them.

Scott
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice fall Quinte eyes guys :D .
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

Great looking fish Scott.

The Sebile lure is described here http://www.sebileusa.com/p_koolie.html
Some interesting ideas about the moving liquid and the flakes.
99 Princecraft 176
98 115 Johnson Ficht
VHF Call terry f 316014005
NPAA 537
West Lake Willows
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks for posting the link Terry.

They are certainly good looking lures. I think the 118 is going to be money on Quinte. The guys that are staying here were referred to me by Landshark and are buddies of his (thank you Landshark). The one guy writes for ESPN outdoors and is also a Tuna and Striped Bass guide in New Jersey. He works with Sebiles and had a huge box of them but mainly big stuff and not the best colours for quinte.

The only 118 koolie he had was a yellowish colour and we pulled out of the Picton harbour and stopped in 20' of water to do some testing on the dive curve to see how deep they go (apparently they are at precision trolling waiting for testing to be inclued in next years edition). We didn't have the lure in the water 5 minutes when the guy says "I got bottom with 125' of line out"...then he says " I must have picked up weeds"..."no..I have a fish on!!" It was crazy. I'm sure some of it was being in the right place at the right time but it was still pretty cool.

We also ran the magic swimmer that is in the mouth of the top picture. They run pretty good, but the fast sink needs to be trolled at above normal walleye speeds. The other model trolls well and took a fish when we were out in a pink colour. Would have loved to troll in purple and blue colours because they have been best this year. Will be fun to play with these a little more.

The 118's are going to be awesome on quinte for sure if they can get the right colour patterns.

Scott
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Good job Scott.

Thank you for your report and sharing your pictures.

ASK
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Terry_F wrote:Great looking fish Scott.

The Sebile lure is described here http://www.sebileusa.com/p_koolie.html
Some interesting ideas about the moving liquid and the flakes.
These are the lures I wanted to get ahold of. I mentioned them at our first meeting of the ORWL and it seems they are not easy to get here.

Great pics Scott, weather sure seems to be cooperating this year so far.
I have only been down twice , my regular fishing partner has not been able to get out so I am not going alone.
West Lake Willows
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Badger Shark,

KTL a major distributor in Eastern Ontario is now carrying Sebile so you can get them through most tackle shops. If you tell them KTL is now carrying them, they can special order you anything KTL carries.

I can get them for you through KTL if you can't find a local shop. I could mail them as well, but like I said try your local store first. Its always better to support your local store.

I think Canadian tire in Belleville is going to start carrying them as well.

Scott
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

West Lake Willows wrote:Badger Shark,

KTL a major distributor in Eastern Ontario is now carrying Sebile so you can get them through most tackle shops. If you tell them KTL is now carrying them, they can special order you anything KTL carries.

I can get them for you through KTL if you can't find a local shop. I could mail them as well, but like I said try your local store first. Its always better to support your local store.

I think Canadian tire in Belleville is going to start carrying them as well.

Scott
Hey Scott, I have tried to get them here through a couple of shops but they have not been able to get any. Iam sending you a pm.
landshark
Participant
Participant

Post by landshark »

those things have the sweetest wobble. Chris and I are going to work with sebile on colors. Im very very excited about these baits. Id like to thank Scott for his first class accomodations for my friends. They were so appreciative of his knowledge and hospitality. Stay tuned fellas on new patterns
Image Image
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

darn those walleye look sweet !

:D :D
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

landshark wrote:those things have the sweetest wobble. Chris and I are going to work with sebile on colors. Im very very excited about these baits. Id like to thank Scott for his first class accomodations for my friends. They were so appreciative of his knowledge and hospitality. Stay tuned fellas on new patterns
Landshark,
I could send you a list of a few nice to have colours... :wink:

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

landshark wrote:those things have the sweetest wobble. Chris and I are going to work with sebile on colors. Im very very excited about these baits. Id like to thank Scott for his first class accomodations for my friends. They were so appreciative of his knowledge and hospitality. Stay tuned fellas on new patterns
Landshark,
I could send you a list of a few nice to have colours... :wink:

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
landshark
Participant
Participant

Post by landshark »

i trolled right next to you for a bit on saturday sheldon. Let me know what ya like
Image Image
Inglorius_Bass_Turd
Participant
Participant

Post by Inglorius_Bass_Turd »

I've heard reports that people are jigging Thompson's point now and are getting 50 fish in a couple hours. All sizes included.....

GS
Inglorius_Bass_Turd
Participant
Participant

Post by Inglorius_Bass_Turd »

I've heard reports that people are jigging Thompson's point now and are getting 50 fish in a couple hours. All sizes included.....

GS