Sail Baron In Ottawa?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gwright
Participant
Participant

Sail Baron In Ottawa?

Post by gwright »

Heard Sail Baron is busy stocking a store on Baseline? east of Merivale. Does anyone have anymore details?
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

I heard a few years back that they were planning to buy Lebarons and LB changed there mind! Sail baron decieded to compete with them and planned on opening stores close to LB's stores! I also heard that the montreal store had a good selection!
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

I checked thier website.......no mention at all about a store opening in the Ottawa area.
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
x-Toban
Participant
Participant

Post by x-Toban »

I was a the SAIL Baron in Laval QC last month and the cashier told me to lookout for a new SAIL Baron store in Kanata next May!!!
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

x-Toban wrote:I was a the SAIL Baron in Laval QC last month and the cashier told me to lookout for a new SAIL Baron store in Kanata next May!!!
?Kanata? Are they to cater to "Head-Hunters"?

:lol:
sparky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sparky »

Kanata would be a great location. Lots of local customers, plus for Ottawa folks, its on the way to the Rideaus, the upper Ottawa, the Mississippi, Madawaska and Bonnechere, the Land O' Lakes cottage country, Algonquin Park and the back country of Lanark, Renfrew and Frontenac counties.
Mitch24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mitch24 »

sparky wrote:Kanata would be a great location. Lots of local customers, plus for Ottawa folks, its on the way to the Rideaus, the upper Ottawa, the Mississippi, Madawaska and Bonnechere, the Land O' Lakes cottage country, Algonquin Park and the back country of Lanark, Renfrew and Frontenac counties.

Yeah we need another impersonal big box outdoor store in Ottawa. The small shops we have are too friendly and well priced. :wink:
sparky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sparky »

Mitch24 wrote:
sparky wrote:Kanata would be a great location. Lots of local customers, plus for Ottawa folks, its on the way to the Rideaus, the upper Ottawa, the Mississippi, Madawaska and Bonnechere, the Land O' Lakes cottage country, Algonquin Park and the back country of Lanark, Renfrew and Frontenac counties.

Yeah we need another impersonal big box outdoor store in Ottawa. The small shops we have are too friendly and well priced. :wink:
While I greatly appreciate your cliched view, the fact is we don't have any tackle shop or outdoor store in Kanata. Unless you're talking about friendly, intimate little Wally Mart or Canadian Tire... :roll:
Geos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Geos »

Last edited by Geos on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

sparky wrote:
Mitch24 wrote:

While I greatly appreciate your cliched view, the fact is we don't have any tackle shop or outdoor store in Kanata. Unless you're talking about friendly, intimate little Wally Mart or Canadian Tire... :roll:
Seeing as Kanata is 2 minutes from Stittsville I would say that the best Store would be Gord's @ Bits & Baits.....top notch all the way.
sparky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sparky »

almontefisher wrote:
sparky wrote:
Mitch24 wrote:
Seeing as Kanata is 2 minutes from Stittsville I would say that the best Store would be Gord's @ Bits & Baits.....top notch all the way.
I like B&B very much, for tackle and bait. Nice, helpful folks. It's really the general outdoor stuff that I miss, which would be tough for them to accommodate.
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

fishing dept's

Post by Big Jim »

Just a quick note...BPS stores floor plans are based on the market they are located in and they only average about 20% fishing.

Take Care

BIG JIM
sparky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: fishing dept's

Post by sparky »

Big Jim wrote:Just a quick note...BPS stores floor plans are based on the market they are located in and they only average about 20% fishing.

Take Care

BIG JIM
Thanks for that, Jim.
20% of a BPS superstore is still a heap of fishing gear.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

As usual they are going to the wrong side of town. I wonder if they even bother talking to some locals to find out where to go.

There is a lot of fishing/hunting stores out west and none out east what are they thinking?

Pretty hard to support the local economy when all stores are 35 to 60+ minutes away when you can walk to the post office and pick your order up.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
sparky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sparky »

Trophymuskie wrote:As usual they are going to the wrong side of town. I wonder if they even bother talking to some locals to find out where to go.

There is a lot of fishing/hunting stores out west and none out east what are they thinking?

Pretty hard to support the local economy when all stores are 35 to 60+ minutes away when you can walk to the post office and pick your order up.
I thought there were at least a couple of outdoor stores out east: the guys at the island, Voyageur Depot and Action Sports come to mind, plus Paddle Tales in Winchester.
LeBaron is more central than west now. All I can think of out this way are the excellent flyfishing/kayak store in Bells Corners and B&B in Stittsville. If there are others, I'd like to know about them, and they'd have a new customer.