pike tips

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

pike tips

Post by Jebby »

hey all love fishing pike but really only get to do it when i have my yearly summer camping trip. this year is six mile lake provincial park. we have a small boat and i was looking for sim tips for pike as well as any info about the park or lake
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Normaly pike are pretty easy to find around pretty much any weedbed

But this year I was able to contact many at any weedbed next to deep water and I slowed down

Don't forget

Any color as long as it is white
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

in Ottawa, and surrounding area yes, white is great.

not sooo much here in ThunderBay. we found that chartreuse spinner baits out produce.

try different colors. white is great in clear water and such, i find that murkier water requires more of a flash. something a bit brighter then white.

also, try using single Colorado blades. it helps you slow down the retrieve.

good luck!!!
Carmine13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Carmine13 »

ive heard the big hype about white spinnerbaits but they dont produce for me. i maingly use white but with chartruse and red, or gold and black, gold and black being the most productive, just reel fasts enough so your lure is just under the surface
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

thanks for the tips guys. with the cold summer and now they calling for a cold week well im there where should i look (still in the weeds?) how deep ect
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bruin »

Here is a pike tip often overlooked

STEEL LEADER!!!!
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

well titanium but same diff lol. hope to god i can find some numbers this year. last year was tuff. lake was very high and all we could mannage with consistancy was bass
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bruin »

Phew Big Spender

Titanium!!!!

I have had quite a bit of luck on a perch pattern jointed rap!!!!

tight lines

Enjoy the experience either way!!!
esoxseeker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by esoxseeker »

Six Mile is nice. Just up the road basically from me. The whole area is filled with pike and muskie. Hold on tight at all times, it can get crazy. The lake is nice, runs pretty close to georgian Bay. Look up Gloucester Poole and that will give you everything you need to know. But, and this is a monsterous BUT, Please be careful at all times on shore and around the lake, the Massassauga Rattlesnakes up there are very abundant and illegal to kill, always listen before you step. Six Mile is very close to the Big Chute Marina, which is cool to see. There is also a place called Muskeys landing, info about the waters are probably best to be answered by them as well. I know the area, but sadly I cant do any fishing this year due to massive back problems, so thats why I like coming on here to read all the reports about the fish. If I cant fish for them, its nice to see others getting my fix for me!! Good luck with your trip, theres a monster in them there waters!!
Have an awesome season to everyone!!!!!!!!
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

lol big spender not quite. they were a gift lol. thanks for the info guys its been helpfull. any more wold be great. ill keep checking and let everyone know how it went when i get back