B1 Results?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

nice. big pig female.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Sorry, even more skeptical after seeing that pic of the "7.2".....decent 5+, but certainly not 7.

Here are some interesting quips I've found posted on the internet in regards to the weight issue of this tournament. Obviously, something was amiss:

The weigh-in was nothing short of a disaster for those who lost 2.5 lbs like I did. Those who gained weight aren''t complaining.
Not a lost cause though there was more good at the B1 then bad except when the weights are messed up that''s really bad.

they screwed us on our weight which would have sent us to day 2. they should have had experienced staff that has used the in water weigh in before. just my 2 cents.

One team had to weigh 3 times, every times was different weight, it went from 16lbs to 15lbs to 18lbs. that's like a difference of 30th place to 45th place to 3rd place in one consecutive weigh in. SO ALL you guys out there lets be honest here, was there something outa whack.. "you betcha" one of the directors or organizers openly admitted it, when we called him day 2 packing up our gear to leave Lachine. When we could have been in the final 40 some boats fishing day 2...

Yes there were major problems with weights, and its only fair that we talk about it. I won''t go into details of why I feel we didn''t get the weight we had, but we were not the only ones.
Others who saw the 7.2lb bass weighed said it was more like a 5lber. I find it strange that there was a 7, but no 5''s or 6''s weighed. This part is only hearsay or rumours.

It was me who re-weighed 3 times on day 1. My Berkley TEC scales in the boat had us at about 18.25... I think the scales were fine, I beleive it was human error that messed up our weight. First go was 16.2, second was 15.8. Then I called for the Tournament Director who handled the issue. Final proper weight was 18.20.

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

[/quote] What would make you look at an add for the next B1? A couple of guys you may or may not recognize... or the giant butt winning bass?[/quote]

Two hot chicks in Bikini's with no bass
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

thats a 7 pounder there not retarded for #%# sakes!
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

JustinHoffman wrote:Sorry, even more skeptical after seeing that pic of the "7.2".....decent 5+, but certainly not 7.
Umm....it's the one on the ride side of the picture in his left hand.

It's funny that the site I found the pics on there didn't seem to be anyone questioning the weight of the fish.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Whoa - simmer down there, 24/7.....easy with the "retarded" comments. We know all of your "outstretched" bass look 7, but that's not the case here..:lol: :wink:

I'm entitled to an opinion, and in my eyes, that fish may go 6, maybe even more, but it doesn't appear to be 7+ lbs. It would appear also, from what I've read, that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Anyways, neither here nor there. I'm sure the B1 will change some things for next year with the feedback they are getting from the participants, and I'm fairly certain the "apparent" weight issues will be resolved next year.

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Any more whiners and complainers??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

O.k sorry if this is a silly question but is this just a weekend tourney or is it a series through out the summer season. By all the comments about being better next year I am leaning toward a weekend event only??

What was the cash payouts on this ??

Again sorry if this is silly. :oops:
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Check how its made wrote:you people crack me up :lol: ....

Why is it so hard to believe that out of 125 boats fishing a giant body of water one 7.2lb fish was caught :roll: sh!t I caught a 6.5lber out of a lake that's not even 1km wide :lol:

personally I could give a rats arse if the fish was 7.2 or 8.7... and I don't want to see the photo either :lol:

Take care
Apparently you do give "a rats arse"
Snag wrote:t's not hard to believe. We just don't understand why such a beautiful fish isn't being plastered everywhere? What great promotion of a seemingly "successful" event. It's not that outrageous to ask to see the fish. And it's very traditional in tournament form to have the winning fish displayed.

What would make you look at an ad for the next B1? A couple of guys you may or may not recognize... or the giant butt winning bass?
Absolutely Christine. I want to see a 7.2 lber. I've seen a 6 lber at last years rumble when seen on its own it did not look huge but when placed by a 5 lber you could see the difference
Bass Addict wrote:If anyone knows a Monster Bass when he sees one its me and that's a 7.2 lb Beast right there.... :wink: :lol: :lol:
if you have never seen a 7 lber you cannot positively say it is from a picture and one where there is no reference to judge.

JustinHoffman wrote:Sorry, even more skeptical after seeing that pic of the "7.2".....decent 5+, but certainly not 7.
If I had to choose between Bird Addict or Justin Hoffman's opinion on the weight I would go with Justin.

Fishing 24/7 wrote:thats a 7 pounder there not retarded for #%# sakes!
24/7 take your meds....... :D :D :D :D :D
almontefisher wrote:O.k sorry if this is a silly question but is this just a weekend tourney or is it a series through out the summer season. By all the comments about being better next year I am leaning toward a weekend event only??

:
Pete it is the first in possible a series of tournaments. I believe that they want to build it up similar to BASS or FLW. Right now it is a single two day tourney.

Payout for 1st was 20k, 2nd was 6k, 3rd was 3k. So if the scales were not accurate or the scale operator was inexperienced and the weights were off ....well..... ounces relate to thousands.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Image Image
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

ChampionNorm wrote:
Check how its made wrote:you people crack me up :lol: ....

Why is it so hard to believe that out of 125 boats fishing a giant body of water one 7.2lb fish was caught :roll: sh!t I caught a 6.5lber out of a lake that's not even 1km wide :lol:

personally I could give a rats arse if the fish was 7.2 or 8.7... and I don't want to see the photo either :lol:

Take care
Apparently you do give "a rats arse"
Snag wrote:t's not hard to believe. We just don't understand why such a beautiful fish isn't being plastered everywhere? What great promotion of a seemingly "successful" event. It's not that outrageous to ask to see the fish. And it's very traditional in tournament form to have the winning fish displayed.

What would make you look at an ad for the next B1? A couple of guys you may or may not recognize... or the giant butt winning bass?
Absolutely Christine. I want to see a 7.2 lber. I've seen a 6 lber at last years rumble when seen on its own it did not look huge but when placed by a 5 lber you could see the difference
Bass Addict wrote:If anyone knows a Monster Bass when he sees one its me and that's a 7.2 lb Beast right there.... :wink: :lol: :lol:
if you have never seen a 7 lber you cannot positively say it is from a picture and one where there is no reference to judge.

If I had to choose between Bird Addict or Justin Hoffman's opinion on the weight I would go with Justin.

Fishing 24/7 wrote:thats a 7 pounder there not retarded for #%# sakes!
24/7 take your meds....... :D :D :D :D :D
almontefisher wrote:O.k sorry if this is a silly question but is this just a weekend tourney or is it a series through out the summer season. By all the comments about being better next year I am leaning toward a weekend event only??

:
Pete it is the first in possible a series of tournaments. I believe that they want to build it up similar to BASS or FLW. Right now it is a single two day tourney.

Payout for 1st was 20k, 2nd was 6k, 3rd was 3k. So if the scales were not accurate or the scale operator was inexperienced and the weights were off ....well..... ounces relate to thousands.
hey ChampignonNorm... give it a rest sammy.... if I want comic relief I'll go to yuk yuks... now get back to losing tournaments will ya :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

ChampionNorm wrote:

Good point about the weight reference if i've never seen a 7lber

But here's a pic of me looking at a 7.4 Lber.....

:wink: 8)
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

i wanna see a bass that looks as big as that trout....
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

steve-hamilton wrote:i wanna see a bass that looks as big as that trout....

With or without the outstretched arm pose..????
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

ENTERTAINMENT... and IT'S FREE!!! WIN/WIN IMO.