Crazy boaters on the Rideau!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

One day last year a buddy and I were slow trolling the weed edges in Buckhams Bay and had a ski boat towing a guy on a wake board, making passes within 20-30ft of us and one one pass the wake boarder crarved withing 10ft of my boat spraying both my friend and I :twisted: ....I took out my paddle and asked him to do it again but they took off into the main river section....he is lucky my friend was there to clam me down or I would have chased him down and layed a beating on him with my paddle....operator card or not, does not change the fact there are some really stupid ppl out them on the water.
muskiesRus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by muskiesRus »

Nice to see that you haven't mellowed too
much Big Jim !!!!
Best of luck,big guy.
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

rideau ditch

Post by mikemicropterus »

:D :D So I'm on the rideau on day and I'm going under the bridge at Kars heading upstream red, right rising, for those who don't know and this jetski goes buy close enough so it's wake soaks my arm and puts out my smoke. I'm pee pee also because it's a girl driving with boyfreind on back.

Found out later she ws well known on the river to the police many complaints, parents had big house on river and didn't seem to care.

So the chase is on and I could catch her easily, well the next thing she sees is me pulling up beside her and forcing her into the weeds, plug up the intake and she goes nowhere. Her boyfreinds eyes were as large as saucers and he was scared I was going to hot them.

Well after 5 minutes of in and out of the traffic, saturday afternoon, she realised she waked the wrong guy. I could see how scared she was to stop and her boyfriend was pee pee his pants the though we may hurt someone else I backed off after getting the reg #.

Later I called the marine patrol and reported her thats how I found out they already knew her, 3 other complaints that weekend. Her father was the owner of a well known owner dirt bar in town. They had copmlaints about him as well, the apple didn't fall far from that tree.

I call the rideau a ditch now and the big boaters who wake everyone ditch diggers, we had a saying for the bigger boats going slow and not fully on plane, Digging a Hole. What till you hit one of those wakes going 60 plus mph, makes for some fun times.

If found the newby big boaters to be the worst and the displcement hull to be quite cordial and jet skiers, wake boarders and the family pulling their kids on tubes in the narow areas just plain brain dead. The big boat owners who pull their kids behind the boat in a tube just plain suicidal and more than a few bricks short of a load. Most of the time they aren't even looking and having TOO many pops. As sooonas you got a toilet on the boat the booze is legal as long as it is not close to the driver. How ludicous is that :wink:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Read my Blogs on http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/auth ... rstorm-ca/

Listen to Podcasts on http://www.spreaker.com/show/lanark_county_confidential
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: rideau ditch

Post by Andy_L »

[quote="mikemicropterus. As sooonas you got a toilet on the boat the booze is legal as long as it is not close to the driver. How ludicous is that :wink:[/quote]

thats actually not accurate. in ontario nobody onboard can consume while the boat is in motion....must be either anchored or tied to a dock (unless piloted by a professional captain)
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: rideau ditch

Post by jwhite »

Andy_L wrote:[quote="mikemicropterus. As sooonas you got a toilet on the boat the booze is legal as long as it is not close to the driver. How ludicous is that :wink:
thats actually not accurate. in ontario nobody onboard can consume while the boat is in motion....must be either anchored or tied to a dock[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is only part of it. From what I've been told the boat has to be anchored or moored for the night....which means you can't go out drop anchor, crack open a few then power back up and head home.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

I cannot quote law... someone will i'm sure... but I believe that there is a clause in there about rafting and it being ok...

Generally, you cannot slow down randomly, turn off the engine, slam a beer into you and get back under power....

If you're engine is off and you're tied-up to something and you have a toilet, you can have open alcohol...

Now my question is can I take a bumper-dumper and stick it onto my boat and call it a toilet???
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Hookup wrote:
Now my question is can I take a bumper-dumper and stick it onto my boat and call it a toilet???
Nope they changed the law to read " a toilet and galley (sp) " to stop the small boats from doing so. It is believed that once the boat is stopped and anchored it now becomes your home so you can drink, so I'm sure you can stop for lunch have a drink and proceed in the afternoon as long as the driver isn't over the legal limit.

Big Jim's example reminds me of an incident, worse thing is this guy was a fisherman.

We were casting this point when this clown proceeded to troll between us and the point, he was so close he ended up getting snagged up, backed up and then proceeded to once again pass between us and the shore but by this time we were within 50 feet of shore. I put my hands on my hips as no way i can cast with him going by and just as I was about to lay it into this guy when he says to me " don't worry I'm just passing through and not fishing ". I never got so close as to jump into another boat and beat a guy to a pulp, but I realised this guy was not in line when intelegence was been handed out.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

pick up a few nice baseball sized rocks from shore before heading out and when the guy comes close to you you let him have one of those rocks right up side the head !! hopefully put a hole in his hull lol!![color=red][/color][b][/b]
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Here's a summary of alcohal, pleasure boating and and the law in Ontario.

Regulation Summary
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Danomano wrote:pick up a few nice baseball sized rocks from shore before heading out and when the guy comes close to you you let him have one of those rocks right up side the head !! hopefully put a hole in his hull lol!!
Once again, I love vigilante justice! Makes for such entertaining news...
carp-starter
Participant
Participant

Post by carp-starter »

If a boat meets the 3 points (galley, head & sleeping accomodations) as shown in the boating regulations (see Todd B.), there is one other way in which the boat passengers can drink booze.

If you run aground, you can drink.

carp-starter
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

people watch out.

saying you want to hurt people is not a great ideal. and not a good way to fix the prob.

but picts on the net and call police wit pict and saying about them like some did is great.

power pro line in the prop that will ruin the seal isnot that bad. :lol: ..or like some said push them to the weeds good stuff...anything that can shut that boat frome hurting somebody i dont care at all.

i sher dont care about any boats wathever the price off it..i dont care if it would cost 10G to repare....a life is worth so mutch more no price on that.

and lets face it there some off those people in here.at 5000 member i am sher some will recognise themslef.

i see that i am not the only one seing those pee size brain boat drivers.

i saw some off those boats going under bridge or overpass so fast and could not see what was on the other side..they could have kill or hurt people swiming or helse.

but they think there so cool .........NOT
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

they should have a season for those kind off people. :lol:

and no limits. 8)

,,,,,ho,just wait......some pict off boaters to come here soon.so be sher to be safe driver if you dont want to se your face in here again dont care ho.....sorry if this is ofset some off you.

joco