Long Wknd at Wolfe & Charleston Opener

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Wild !!!
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

So that's where Elvis is :lol: Always great to read about your family outing Margie. Great week end for ya's :wink:

Rob
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

katch moore wrote:love the colors on the "golder" looking trout. reminds me of lakers in a certain quebec lake.

that area is very spectacular, and the history of Charleston lake is more impressive. many archeological sites have been found, including pottery at a certain portage, that must of fell off a canoe ages ago.
Hey Katch Moore,

Yeah, that was a thick, healthy fish. He fought like a bull, too; lots of head shakes. It's a pleasure to release these fish and watch them take off. Maybe "sister" can hook up with one next season. First year in a few that I didn't get one or two for myself.

There are the coolest stories about Charleston Lake and the area. We were reading up on it a couple years ago; some eerie tales as well. I know there are some areas of archeological interest as you mention, and the terrain around the lake is awesome in spots. Those cliffs are amazing!

W.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Rob wrote:So that's where Elvis is :lol: Always great to read about your family outing Margie. Great week end for ya's :wink:

Rob
Too much! He's gonna die when he reads this. :lol:

We have Eric Estrada, Los Lobos and Elvis covered now. He is musically inclined, but I think the most accurate description so far was "one fun dude". 8)

W.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

nice report Wolfe, Going up to Bob's next Thursday afternoon for the remainder of the week. Thta will be my routine 'till the end of June. then will be there full time.
Life goes on
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

almontefisher wrote:I am very suprised to see that Eric Estrada is your brother Wolfe :lol: :lol: or is that one of the members of Los Lobos...Very nice work as usual for the Wolfe pack do they ever not do well.

Torp: You really need to keep this up..I see a nice summer for you for sure. Maybe even a career...But finish school first. :wink:
Geesh.. I just about fell outa my chair when I read that... /tips_hat... thanks for the LOL
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Nice report.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Excellent report & pics Image

Glad to see the Wolfe Pack in action again. Charleston is a rare gem for sure, and my wife's favorite lake. Two nice lakers. With the rather blunt head on the skinny fish, I'd guess it's a spawned out female.(I'm not a biologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

Too bad about the uncooperative 'eyes. With the calibre of anglers in the boat, I'm sure you'll be getting on top of them in short order.

Can't help but notice that's a real nice rock-bass you caught, Wolfe

Those are some nice pike and jumbo perch there Torpedo. Yea....you're getting "the pose" down real good.

DropShot'r
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Excellent report and pics as usual Wolfe :) . Thats what a familly outing is all about :) .
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

DropShot'r wrote:Two nice lakers. With the rather blunt head on the skinny fish, I'd guess it's a spawned out female.
I think the lakers spawn in the fall, DS'r, but I agree this fish was particularly skinny. It had a pretty pinkish hue to it, very different in coloration and girth from my brother's 1st laker. So although it was the longer fish, the 1st one was actually the nicer catch.

Thx for the responses, everyone. It was a really nice time; didn't want to come back home to reality and everyday stress. We can't wait to get back up...

W.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Great family fun Wolfe! I hope you can crack the code on the lakers this year...very pretty fish for sure and good on yas' for the release.

Yeah I can see the family resemblance with your brother :) ! Your plans for the rest of the Summer sound incredible.

Tight Lines,

ratsotail
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Your kiddies Margie are gonna grow up loving the fact you've shared so many great times on the water with them. They'll be kickbutt big anglers too....... in no tiime. You know it.

Another good one my dear.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Very, very nice! Beauties, and the fish weren't bad either! Joe.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Long Wknd at Wolfe & Charleston Opener

Post by Dartee »

wolfe wrote: [Andre (Dartee), I think I saw you pulling out of the launch around 12:15 or 12:30...was that you?]

W.
Hi Wolfe
might have been,I was using the Conservation launch in the village.
Got the to dock around 11:30,, line up kept me there till about that time.
A green 162 Princecraft (Fishhawk logo on the windsheild)
I had my son with me.

If it was me, sorry I didn't see ya
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Dartee,

you know I just assumed you were leaving, not putting in. I figured you would have been on the lake at or before the crack of dawn, not a late arrival like myself. :lol:

I only caught a passing glance as we were driving in, so I don't recall the car or boat -- just saw someone that I was pretty sure was you. Sorry I missed you, as well.

How was your outing? As you can see, mine was brief with such a late start, but enjoyable, and my brother boated two decent lakers.

W.