"SLOW DEATH"

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

walleye man wrote:
almontefisher wrote:Any time Chev... :wink: good luck this year and if you need a good spot to catch the eye's I think there is a crotchity old guy who lives near you that has a few spots :wink: :lol:
haha yep steve is a great guy ill prob meet up with him sometime this summer for some eyes or....MUSKIE 8)
Now I never said the crotchity old man was Steve Chevy.... :lol:

Remeber Steve Chevy said it I just typed something general. How did your Laker trip turn out anyway Steve??
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
opps my bad hahaha
im going fishing
Dan Smyth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dan Smyth »

Ya it was a good morning. Wind was blowing up a good chop which always helps but I was marking fish from top to bottom from 8 to 30 fow. They were super hungry considering the water levels being so high.

As far as tying to a worm harness I don't know. The spinner blade on the harness may interfere with the action imparted by the hook and as stated why bother they are killers all by themselves.

Can't wait to try them out at the Gouin in 2 weeks. I will let you all know how we make out.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Sent you a pm Dan
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Dan Smyth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dan Smyth »

I will have to wait until the morning to get it. I used my work address for e-mail on here and i am at home cause NASCAR is on. You can resend if you like to dgsmyth55@yahoo.ca and I will get it here at home.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

New messages at the top . Pm is a message thru F-H

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

A rain delay sure breaks a Sunday afternoon.

mdej
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mdej »

Do you think that you could cast and retrieve those as well?

Thinking it might work on weed edges and over thick underwater growth.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

It would be hard to cast because of the light weight!!!

JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Hey Guys,

Wanted to let you know that Fin-tech has a new package for 2009 - contains 2 Mustad Slow Death hooks on Flouro leaders, as well as 2 Tech Stik weights. All you need to get started with this tremendous technique...
I'm sure a few of our online retailers partners will have these in stock.

Slo-D Tech Rig

The Slo-D Tech Rig is a hot new winning technique called "Slow Death". The combination of our "EZ Weight Change" Tech Stik slip sinker and a Mustad "Slow Death" Hook tied on a Seaguar Fluorocarbon snell completes the "ready to fish" rig.

The "Slow Death" tournament winning technique was developed during the 1990's by several professional walleye anglers. Incredible action was added to their live bait presentations by using hooks bent in a specific fashion, threading on half a night crawler resulting in an irresistible corkscrew action, enticing even the most reluctant fish to strike. Attach a weight, and the year-round power finesse rig can be used for all species of fish.

Mustad's "Slow Death" Hook design was perfeted by Mustad's Pro-staffers Gary Parsons and Keith Kavajecz. Professional walleye anglers and Fin-tech Pro-staffers Chase and Gary Parsons were instrumental in the field testing of the "EZ Weight Change" Tech Stik slip sinker.

Sizes available: 1/8, 1/ 4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 and 1oz

Package consists of 2 black Tech Stiks & 2 complete "Slo-D" rigs

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Slow Death works, I have been using it for years in tournaments and now that the hook is on the market every one can give it a try. Locally it has been a great technique during the may fly hatch. Use a small chunk of crawler on the new #4 size hook and you can turn on some finicky walleyes.

I find it works best behind a bouncer with no spinners and the odd time I will add a glow bead as additional attractant. If you find walleye will not take a spinner and you have down sized to small blades then it is time to try slow death. Also with artificial baits like Berkley gulp you can control the size of the rotation by the location you exit the hook. Exit the hook early and the rotation will be large in diameter, exit the hook late and the rotation will be tighter. So now you have a tip so you can fine tune the action and see what the walleye want.

Slow death was the technique myself and many of Team Canada used last summer in Dryden to beat team USA in the PWT Can-Am super pro event.

Slow Death Victory

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I was just going to ask if anyone had tried them with Gulp nightcrawlers. Thanks Sheldon. Would you use the floating one or the regular ones. Or would you let the eyes tell you what they wanted.

boogie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

slow death

Post by boogie »

Hey guys, Berkley came out with a 3" fry that works extremely well for this presentation.

Boogie
Poisson On!
Boogie
Poisson On !
boogie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

slow death

Post by boogie »

Hey guys, Berkley came out with a 3" kind of fry that works extremely well for this presentation. We can't use worms because the gobies would be all over them.

Boogie
Poisson On!
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

3" Gulp fry in pumkin seed is amazing on the slow death hook. It is just the right size and it is extremely soft so it rolls real nice.

3" Gulp Fry link:
http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php ... 0(1094616)

If you use the crawlers you will need to cut off half the crawler and only use the tail section as it rolls the best. I would try the floating and regular Gulp and let the eyes tell you what is working for the day :wink:

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye