MNR on the water

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

MNR on the water

Post by Out4trout »

It was good to see the CO's out on Charleston Lake yesterday. They visited my boat 2X, verifying licenses and catches the first visit, then re-checking the catch the 2nd visit about 3 hours later.

The attitude of the CO's was very positive and professional. OPP were patrolling as well, checking safety gear etc.

A few people were targetting pike but most were after the lakers, Zone 18.

Remember to bring your cards along and support the efforts of the MNR to maintain the fishery for future generations.
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

This is really good news. I hope we see more of them this year.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Ya,, saw them pass by several times yesterday but was never checked..

The MNR boat was out today in the rain this morning. Stopped only briefly they didn't want to step out from under their bimini top

Was good to see them out..
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

yea i have seen many mnr boats out latley
good to see
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Have not seen the the MNR out yet but I did happen to run into the Coast Guard and their tug last weekend. Almost swamped us :o Great to hear there out and about on the waterways and being noticed. On the same note I also noticed a strong presence of officers out this winter in a few areas.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Ran into MNR officier coming off the Larry in Cornwall. Our faces must have said it all, didn't even ask for to see our licenses or if we caught anything. Did manage one walleye and a ton of lumber!
Newt
Participant
Participant

Post by Newt »

The MNR were on the Big Rideau last Sunday. They didn't come by my boat, it wouldn't have done any good as there was nothing, did I say nothing in the live well or anywhere else.

Newt
Newt
Participant
Participant

Post by Newt »

The MNR were on the Big Rideau last Sunday. They didn't come by my boat, it wouldn't have done any good as there was nothing, did I say nothing in the live well or anywhere else.

Newt
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

I got stopped by MNR on Lake Nipissing last weekend....report coming soon
Carmine13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Carmine13 »

dont get me wrong its good to see they were out but they need to be out when its not in season to fish. i have seen already about 5 fish been kept out of season by people i see at my fishing hole. they need to be out before opener cuz thats when the poaching is!
pikeonthe fly
Participant
Participant

Post by pikeonthe fly »

Carmine13 wrote:don't get me wrong its good to see they were out but they need to be out when its not in season to fish. i have seen already about 5 fish been kept out of season by people i see at my fishing hole. they need to be out before opener cuz thats when the poaching is!
And there lies the problem....you may see them on the water at Holiday weekend (9am - 5pm if your lucky) and that's it. If they were really out to catch the bad guys, then get out there in the evenings over the weekends too...in unmarked boats if necessary, and during the week. Oh sorry, poachers etc only do their bad between 9 - 5 ....and at weekends..... :roll:
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

The presence on the water is increased during busier times, agreed.

However, neither the MNR or the OPP restrict their patrols to 9-5.

For example, boat lighting offences are not enforced as a daytime activity, but many charges have been laid for lighting infractions.
WallyPro
Participant
Participant

Post by WallyPro »

I've fished on Bogie for the last 20 years... since I was real young at the cottage.

Would everyone agree that Bogie is a popular lake? I've only seen an enforcement boat out there one time and one time only... and that time we (I objected... waste of skiing time!) drove right up to them to see what they would do. They did a normal check for safety gear.

So in my 20 years on Bogie I've seen the coppers once. And we had a view of the main launch from our place. There's something wrong with that... really, there is.

And I spent so many summers on the water there... boating, fishing, tubing, skiing, sailing, yaking, seadooing... etc. And we only met the OPP once! It wasn't even the MNR!!!!