Fish Sanctuary on Madawaska Lake/River. Mc.Nabb Township

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
worm31
Participant
Participant

Fish Sanctuary on Madawaska Lake/River. Mc.Nabb Township

Post by worm31 »

Hey,

Went for a wee tour in my boat last week (no rods) and came across a bay, that had fish sanctuary signs everywhere. All the signs said was Fish Sanctuary-No fishing. No information regarding when its legal to fish in there on the Friday before the third Saturday in May, for pike and walleye, which the reg. book says under exceptions to zone 15 regulations. Does the MNR take the signs down when things open up? I'm asking because this bay looks like an awesome, summer spot and the last thing I want to happen is to get heckled by another boater thinking that the spot is closed all year, which it isn't, according to the book. It's happened to me before at a different spot.

Ian
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

I am assuming the area you are talking about is just up river from Clay Banks?? Locally known as Brandy Creek.

It is posted in mid February but opens at the same time as the opening date for that zone.

No fish in there by that time :wink:
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

the signs come down,Pond Head,which is the confluence of the ott. and the Mad rivers, just out of the marina, is also a sanctuary,w/out signs,but i suppose you are supposed to know that,as it isn/t posted.everything posted or not posted around arnprior opens with legal season laws.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Thanks guys !

This is helpful to me, especially living in Arnprior, and being fairly new to fishing. I've been itching to get out, but not sure exactly where to go, and what to look for in this area. I went to one spot down by the Ottawa and found the signs "No Fishing - Sanctuary". Have been reading up on the Regs and now I know (along with this post)!

Anyway....hope to meet/see ya'all one day!

Cheers
Scott
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......