Torpedo's & Devil Loon's Rideau Panfish Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tman12
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Torpedo's & Devil Loon's Rideau Panfish Report

Post by tman12 »

Me, my brother (Devil Loon :twisted: ), Mom and Dad, went up to our cottage from Thursday to Saturday to open it up. Dad even put in the dock, but our boat is still in storage at our neighbor's barn. Our cottage seemed to be OK with no problems from the winter time wind and weather.

Mom and Dad took us to the Westport docks on the Rideau with a dozen worms. We got to go two times, the 2nd time in the rain. It was worth it and a lot of fun. Most of the bluegills and sunfish were pretty big and fought hard. Here are some pictures.

Me

Devil Loon

Here is Devil Loon's BIG perch. He was on fire.

The docks were great, and on the 2nd outing there we talked to some other kids who had caught a big crappie. We didn't get any though. Also, the same nice kids were telling my Mom that some older guys were bothering them and stole their skateboard and threw it in a dumpster. The same big kids also hooked a muskrat on purpose and were flipping it around. The line broke and the muskrat got away but it has a lure hanging from it. They were gone when we got there, but my Mom asked the boys if they knew these bigger guys and they did know who they were but didn't want to tell. It made us all feel mad and we saw the muskrat and couldn't help it. That was really sad. It seemed OK, but who knows what will happen to it now.

Anyway, Micah and Merlin were just as excited to be back up to the lake as we were. Merlin almost fell in off the dock a couple of times. Micah went swimming on his own. He's crazy. It was REALLY cold!

We all went for a couple of walks after dinner and heard a lot of peeper frogs. The creeks were moving pretty fast. Black flies were out a little, but not bad at all. Mom heard her favorite loon at night and he is back on our shoreline so she was talking loon language to him a lot :roll: .

We also have a beaver working our shoreline and our neighbor up the shore lost a few trees. He slammed his tail once or twice and it was really loud. :shock:

Mom took this picture for Bass Addict. This is from a different beaver who will probably get himself into trouble because this is right near the cottage road. I think that is a pile of beaver poop in front of the tree. :lol:

Anyway, it was so awesome to be back. We all had fun and hated to leave, but we're going to go back again next month. I can't wait until school is out for summer. It was so fun to be fishing again.

Tight Lines,

Torpedo (and Devil Loon) 8)
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Good report Torpedoe Lot's of good size pannies there!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

awesome work on the panfish folks! ....looks like alot of fun was had by all! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Cool report guy's............

Looks like your going to give FishingisHealing a run for his money this year... :P :P :P :wink: :lol: :lol:

Memo to Momma Torpedo...

Don't be messing around with a couple of Hoodlums over a muskrat :lol:

My wife and i went for a Nature walk up to Lake x on the weekend and its still covered with ice ,, so no beavers or loons yet :cry: :cry:

P.S.

Agenda for 2009

24/7 and I are to meet the Wolfe Family up at Charleston Lake this year

8) 8)
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Nice report and great pics. Look at the size of these pannies :)
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Right on Torp!!! Those are some seriously huge pannies you guys caught!
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Good work guys getying into them....Now every time you guys post pics I never see dad with any fish....Was that his in the pic or Devil Loon's???

Wolfe...Were those mercy fish that Torp let you catch so he would not out fish you?? :lol: :lol:
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Good fishing guys and gal............

That pic of the dogs is awesome........ I'd have that enlarged and on the wall at the cottage!!
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Way to go guys, those are some real nice bluegills!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

almontefisher wrote:Good work guys getying into them....Now every time you guys post pics I never see dad with any fish....Was that his in the pic or Devil Loon's???

Wolfe...Were those mercy fish that Torp let you catch so he would not out fish you?? :lol: :lol:
af,

God bless him, Dad is the baiter of hooks (for the little guy, anyway), the untangler of lines, the adjuster of bobbers. I usually assist with some things like taking fish off hooks, snags, etc., but most falls to Daddio. :wink: He is a good sport. We only had 2 rods with us, so the kids got most of the fun. The boys "allowed" me a few casts ( :roll: ) so of course I grabbed that opportunity.

The fish in the pic was Shane's, not Dad's. :lol: Shane really was putting on the clinic for the rest of us, even Ty. But then again, when you have slaves attending to you, all you have to do is fish. :wink:

W.
Last edited by wolfe on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Bass Addict,

those "hoodlums" are lucky I came afterwards. I have some Irish-Italian temper issues. :wink: I felt bad for the local boys that had their outing dampened by the jerks.

We look forward to meeting you and 24/7 (St. Francis) some time this season. I'm not sure I'll be at Charleston much; maybe just a day trip or two. We home base it from Wolfe. :wink:

W.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Some nice panfish you got there guys and nice to se mom and dad in the pics as well :) . That creek pics just make me think of trout.
Suddsy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Suddsy »

Nice report Torpedo and some great looking panfish. :D Keep up the good fishing and I look forward to seeing more of your fishing reports this summer 8)
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Nice report and pannies Torpedo!!..... I think Bass Addict has an agenda to try and find your MONSTER Bass spot but be more clever than him and take him to another lake that is not as good :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:. I think Bass Addict has an agenda to try and find your MONSTER Bass spot
As a matter of fact , there's a lake I know about real close to their cottage I'll be taking them to that holds some Monster Smallmouth in the Four/ Five lb range...... :wink: 8) 8)