I suppose I have to get my Pleasure Craft Card eh?.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Crunchy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I suppose I have to get my Pleasure Craft Card eh?.....

Post by Crunchy »

Has anyone used: http://www.boaterexam.com to get their card? I see alot of free this, official that, pay for this, get this for free etc.....makes me scared to use their site.

Or is there a better/cheaper place to give my money away?

Ideally I want to get it in person, but from what I see it almost doubles the already outrageous price just to have a desk to sleep at while someone babbles on for 3 hours at you. If I do go for an in classroom environment, what I read, kids as young as 8 will be in my class? Is this true?

Any opinions appreciated!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: I suppose I have to get my Pleasure Craft Card eh?.....

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Crunchy wrote:Has anyone used: http://www.boaterexam.com to get their card? I see alot of free this, official that, pay for this, get this for free etc.....makes me scared to use their site.

Or is there a better/cheaper place to give my money away?

Ideally I want to get it in person, but from what I see it almost doubles the already outrageous price just to have a desk to sleep at while someone babbles on for 3 hours at you. If I do go for an in classroom environment, what I read, kids as young as 8 will be in my class? Is this true?

Any opinions appreciated!
I'm a registered Supervisor with BoaterExam.com and can assure you it's safe :!: ....

In case you didn't see this in an earlier thread...here is a $10 discount code for on-line exams..

ONBM9

TnMH

P.S. If you go to the Home page here on Fish-Hawk.net and scroll down, you'll see that Bobber has endorsed BoaterExam.com as a legitimate company....
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

Here is the link for the exam for $20 plus you get 2 cards not just one. Took less than 2 weeks to come in the mail.

http://www.theoperatorcard.ca/index.php?event

Just don't want anyone else having to pay $45-$60 for something that can be had for a lot less.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Crunchy,

If this year is like the others, you should be able to write the exam at the (Carp) Valley Sportsmans Show this weekend.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

gkilla wrote:Here is the link for the exam for $20 plus you get 2 cards not just one. Took less than 2 weeks to come in the mail.

http://www.theoperatorcard.ca/index.php?event

Just don't want anyone else having to pay $45-$60 for something that can be had for a lot less.
does this one have free re-writes?
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

k it has free rewrites but 19.95 is only for existing customers....r am i reading wrong cuz im try to do it today
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

I'll be getting mine at Manotick Bait........I just went there to talk to the owner and they give the test there. It's 50$

The problem with that website boaterexam.com or whatever, is that you need to have a person register to be a guarantor or whatever it is.......they have to register to watch you take the test to make sure you dont cheat or reproduce the test.

It can't be a family member either so it's kind of inconvenient.

I'd rather just shell out the extra bit of money to get the test done without having to jump through hoops to get someone to supervise me.

But thats just my opinion......

Take Care

==Thomas==
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

nvm i figured it out......that link was golden info...thank you very much and wish me luck
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

At the Carp Show last year it was $50 for one card and $10 for a second card. No charge if you fail, like that would happen? :wink:
Crunchy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Crunchy »

I just talked with my old man in Sudbury, they give in-person courses there with exam for $35! And Ottawa is what, $85!

Anyways, I just called Manotick Bait, no answer. Anyone know their hours?
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

Guys, go to the website it states re-writes are free and you get two cards for $20 plus tax. Give them a call at their toll free 1-877 number and talk to the guys. They'll tell you it was a returning customer thing but they are honoring it for anyone that registers.

The regular price is $35 for two cards.
rodbreaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rodbreaker »

I used boater exam online,took 20 minutes and got my card in 3 weeks.
Easiest way there is,unlesss you write it at the show?
Dirty....mean....mighty unclean.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

im gonna get mine at the carp show
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Operators beware

Post by Seaweed »

Warning!

You will pay through the nose to do the test at any show.

I think they were asking over $100 at the Ottawa show.

Do it online... spend money on tackle
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

That Link I gave earlier is good for a limited time. I was the instructor and have administered 4 tests. Not one problem yet.