Berkley B1 - Pre-Fish Period Now Extended

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
B1 Ben
Participant
Participant

Berkley B1 - Pre-Fish Period Now Extended

Post by B1 Ben »

The Berkley B1 is proud to announce that the official pre-tournament practice period has been extended. The new pre-tournament practice period is from Monday, June 15th to Friday, June 19th, 2009, allowing for 5 complete days of practice. The tournament waters will be off-limits from Monday, June 8th to Sunday, June 14th inclusively.

The Berkley B1, in collaboration with the Minister of Natural Resources of Quebec, has secured this special agreement, allowing anglers the necessary time to properly pre-fish and prepare for this highly anticipated competition.

Please refer to the updated B1 Angler Package ver. 1.1.2 for complete details.

Regards,

The Berkley B1 Team
Ben Woo
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

when does bass open? (for the rest of the PQ folk?)
B1 Ben
Participant
Participant

Post by B1 Ben »

In Zone 8 which is Lake Saint-Louis and Lake of Two Mountains, bass opens June 19th
Ben Woo
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

B1 Ben wrote:In Zone 8 which is Lake Saint-Louis and Lake of Two Mountains, bass opens June 19th
Just to be clear, in case I am missing something.........

Out of Season Fishing will be allowed for 4 days prior to a tournament, by special arrangement.

If this is the case then I am shocked and very dissapointed as I am a supporter of closed fishing seasons in order to protect the species and allow them undisturbed spawning time etc etc.

So how much money did this cost and who needs to be paid???

This is toataly against the things I believe in.
Why not simply make the tournament a week later, and comply with the law?
99 Princecraft 176
98 115 Johnson Ficht
VHF Call terry f 316014005
NPAA 537
SteelHeaderOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteelHeaderOntario »

Totaly agree Terry
Proves money talks
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

I have emailed Berkley my thoughts on their support of Out of Season fishing.

I suggest you do the same.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I spend a fair amount in Quebec and something like this does not suprise me in the least. Guess these guys need all the help they can get. :lol:

When I used to fish the Phenix Open on Lake Simcoe, it fell on the opener and zero pre-fishing was allowed....made for an interesting game day.

Heck you can even buy your fishing license in Quebec without even being present at the time of purchase :lol:
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

steve-hamilton wrote:I have emailed Berkley my thoughts on their support of Out of Season fishing.

I suggest you do the same.
I just emailed the OFAH, to ask them to comment.
99 Princecraft 176
98 115 Johnson Ficht
NPAA 537
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

For what it's worth, I believe that bass has always opened in that zone the 2nd week in June. I think it was originally planned so that bass season would have been open for a week already before the tournament started.

Then it sounded like QC changed their opening dates...... and now are maybe changing them back or allowing catch and release during this time?

In either is the case, it won't effect my 'moral values' since the season has always been open that early there anyway......
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

bradford2 wrote:For what it's worth, I believe that bass has always opened in that zone the 2nd week in June. I think it was originally planned so that bass season would have been open for a week already before the tournament started.

Then it sounded like QC changed their opening dates...... and now are maybe changing them back or allowing catch and release during this time?

In either is the case, it won't effect my 'moral values' since the season has always been open that early there anyway......
Hey if that is correct then I can be OK with it as a one time only deal. I'd be interested to know the reason, political and scientific for changing the date.
Right now it looks like a special deal.
The organisors should be stating that, otherwise this becomes precident setting and all tournaments should be allowed to do it. Which just dilutes the law.
Last edited by Terry_F on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
99 Princecraft 176
98 115 Johnson Ficht
NPAA 537
Geos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Geos »

Last edited by Geos on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I think this is good. It's opens the door to an early catch and release season....which I think would be great in ON and PQ.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I thought that the seasons were established to protect the spawning fish..Am i out of order here..?
Life goes on
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

So can I go and fish those few days or do you have to be part of the tourney??? An exemption for just a tourney smells like $$$$ crossing hands if you ask me. Now maybe the ON MNR could use some more money as well. :evil: :evil:

This just defeats the whole purpose of conservation. I have always been told that the spawning bass may or may not return to the spawning bed once caught and that is why I really do not like catching the bass OOS. If I accidently catch one I make dam sure I do not bring the fish out of the water and also release it ASAP in the exact same spot as it was caught....Now for tourney's do they not need to weigh in the fish??? Thus removing them from their spawning grounds...leaving them unprotected from predators???

I can not see this as a good thing at all and can not believe Berkley would support something like this :roll:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

The Bass population is stronger than ever in Quebec , so it won't really have to much of an effect ,, Bass also reproduce like rabbits .