Berkley B1 - Pre-Fish Period Now Extended

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
marc Thorpe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by marc Thorpe »

My sponsors are very well aware of what I am doing
My sponsors are not involved with this event
You might ask yourself why?
If they were,it would be fine,I think the event was put together or appears put together very well in exception of this little pre mature opening permission.

Its a shame you fail to see the wrong in this decision and the reason most which outnumber any participation,Its obvious the general public does.
Like I said,let due process take its course

Be good
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

all this for 4days.... :?

there is so mutch worst then that that effect the fisheries and bass...call hydro quebec to play wit the water level in spawning seasons tha kill tons off fish or all that bad stuff dump in are rivers by companys..call them..there the ones doing the bad thing.

not a little derby that try to do it legaly and get the mnr involve.

man there so mutch worst then that happening.

this is waste off time.

what happen if the bass are still on there beds on that real opening date.

its just a date...a date dont do nothing to fish.

weater water temp etc do effect not a date.

i saw some opening date where walleye were right in there spawning..it happens.

ho well........

joco
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

joco wrote:all this for 4days.... :?

this is waste off time.

joco

There's alot of Jealous people in the World Joco..... :wink: :roll:
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Its a shame you fail to see the wrong in this decision
I feel no shame. I advocate a April-June C&R season for bass on large bodies of water. You have failed to answer any questions on this thread on why this is wrong other than to quote a isolated Ohio study that shows bass eggs get eaten when they leave the nest. There are thousands of studies and videos that show this. What is in doubt is whether or not it matters. I will point out that northern states such New York, Michigan and Indiana have all implemented some form of a C&R bass season and no state that has a C&R bass season has rescinded it.

However, this isn't about bass. It's about muskies.

I suspect what you think is wrong and have yet to articulate is bass and muskie normally share the same opening date and this is no longer the case. Fair enough. But it also begs the question if this "due process" includes having opening date for muskie on the Ottawa River pushed further ahead one week to coincide with the opening of bass. If not, that is the true shame.
Its obvious the general public does.
You may speak for a few muskie fisherman but to claim you have the support of the general public is disingenuous at best and only serves to highlight a case of single-issue activism.
Like I said,let due process take its course.
I suspect some of the B1 participants who share the same sponsor(s) as you will undertake their own "due process".

Good luck with your efforts. I look forward to the howls of outrage if the Quebec MNR decides to open the muskie season in those waters 4 days days earlier. Open to everyone of course.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

How did musky get involved??? Did I miss a post here??? Thought this was about moving the bass opener ahead a few days??? If this is about musky then I have been reading these 5 pages all wrong. Am I going crazy???

Maybe I need to get out and fish some more 8)
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

almontefisher wrote:How did musky get involved??? Did I miss a post here??? Thought this was about moving the bass opener ahead a few days??? If this is about musky then I have been reading these 5 pages all wrong. Am I going crazy???

Maybe I need to get out and fish some more 8)
I think everyone needs to GET OUT AND FISH!!!
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

just had to add this

Post by mikemicropterus »

:D This is the best thread I have read in awhile.....

Marc What's the problem????

The power of a lobby group to influence government policy???

Is democracy a value you agree with and support?????

For years Quebec bass season has opened a week before Ontario....Obviously this hasn't affected the bass fishery...

Lake Champlain has an early C&R season and their fishery is thriving and stable....and has early season tournaments.....

I am fishing this tournament and I was happy with not being able to prefish, to me it makes the tournament more interesting. I don't agree with the special C&R period BUT it was a Minstry decision not Berkley B1. They just lobbied for the change based on the concensus of the competitors. That's our democratic system which I think you are angry at not Berkley B1. Remember the Ministry changed the rules NOT BERKLEY B1. But as we all know special interest groups run this country clandestinely through the government. WELCOME TO POLITICS OF FISHING, the new world order :roll:

There is more anecdotal evidence being stated here than scientific, lets not digress to the dark ages of fear and ignorance, let the scientists make the decision and if they are wrong it's not the sky that's falling. If the fishery is hurt it will recover just like it has elsewhere.

Let me tell you about Lac de Cerf. They have had in the past many early season tournaments for many years. At one time the fishery was closed for early season bass fishing because the fishery was being hurt. The ministry stepped in and made a decision to adjust the opening day to allow the fishery to heal and it did....BUT Later, the locals did not like the noise and behaviour coming from the bass tourny guys, which is understandable, being one of these guys at times I am aware of how we can make a peaceful morning somewhat less peaceful :wink: so they shut down the lake for future bass tournaments, again a political voice from a special interest group....not the ministry...

So I think and this is obviously just my opinion, your gripe is with the weak kneed ministry who are obviously seeing this as a means to acquire more license revenues and are easily influenced by this special interest group.....One way or the other tournaments be them bass, walleye or even muskie, are here to stay for now and you can either see it as an opportunity or as a malicious vandalism of the fish on the spwaning beds by uniformed monetarily motivated poachers......call it what you will, but all it is, is FISHING, which you are passionate about, so am I, so we do speak the same language it's just we don't communicate the same way...... :D

My real name is Mighty Monkey Mikey aka mikemicropterus but most just call me Michael Lynch-Staunton....I like Mighty Monkey Mikey better, as it has a nicer ring to it..... 8)
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: just had to add this

Post by jwhite »

mikemicropterus wrote:For years Quebec bass season has opened a week before Ontario....Obviously this hasn't affected the bass fishery...
Ya but you know what they say about those french fish.
marc Thorpe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by marc Thorpe »

Mike thanks for your response
Basically I agree they followed the democratic process,as I will also

Its disappointing they looked at their financial factors before factoring all this may have implicated
The good thing is we will all learn something from this

I sincerely hope the event it successful,seems the direction its going

Read my post,I see no where I was derogatory towards anyone
My belief are my belief,if one enjoys competitive angling for abundant species so be it ,as long as its done accordingly to the regs that govern our resource.
I dont agree that bending for any reason is valid unless its for children or handicapped

As a capable physical person,I can play by the rules,so can everyone else

Mike you have to agree the organization of this event has come with many mistakes,I understand they are knew at this but its not a reason to ask for regulation bending.

Allot "Pre " things dont go well,ask any women :)

Have competitive anglers ever considered ,cold start tournaments without practice?

I would gather you would really see the talent display itself

Mike a farmer is judged on his vegetables he produces,but if he burns out his soil,his vegetables will no longer be as bountiful as they once were

This has been a great discussion,some remarks which were not needed but alas that will always be,because its the internet

Like I said,lets let democratic due process take its course,the ministry will make the final decision.

Be good

marc
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

:roll: This thread is nothing more than an early sign of spring after a long winter :lol: :lol:

I don't really see the problem... when the event was originally put together the season was open and would allow for pre-fishing. The regs were changed this year which casued a problem so this was brought to the attention of the quebec mnr and after going through the correct channels the dates were altered.

Oh and the organizers aren't "new to this" they have been fishing tournaments for many years and in fact Ben's job is organizing large events.

I guess some people just like to complain. :roll:

Although there still hasn't been a direct answer as to WHY this is such an important personal issue to you ???
RIVERKILLER
Participant
Participant

Post by RIVERKILLER »

Another question for you Marc seeing as OFN is one of your sponsors(listed on your web page) why haven't you posted the same self serving rant on there ??? And one more thing are you insinuating that handicapped people aren't physically capable ? Marc you take the cake for stirring the pot.ALL WE WANT YOU TO DO IS ANSWER THE BLOODY QUESTION :twisted: But alas you can't even do that.Being in the industry myself I can say with confidence that you have done nothing but hurt your reputation.I know I can here you already blah blah blah just go away :x
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

RIVERKILLER wrote:Another question for you Marc seeing as OFN is one of your sponsors(listed on your web page) why haven't you posted the same self serving rant on there ???
Shhhhhhh......because it's bad for business.
PeterM
Participant
Participant

Re: just had to add this

Post by PeterM »

jwhite wrote:
mikemicropterus wrote:For years Quebec bass season has opened a week before Ontario....Obviously this hasn't affected the bass fishery...
Ya but you know what they say about those french fish.
Yeah, it costs $50 for Ontario Residents to catch them!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Yeah, it costs $50 for Ontario Residents to catch them!

yep small price to pay for what you get....................monster bass. 8)

joco 8)