Buckham s Bay

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joseph
Participant
Participant

Buckham s Bay

Post by joseph »

My wife and I have never fished Buckham s Bay. So we decided Saturday morning it was time to pay a visiit, and we were glad we did. We obtained about thirty minnows at the nearby bait shop, and were informed about several entry points to the bay. We chose the closest one to the bait shop, and loaded our slay to make the quick trip down the slope to the bay. About half a dozen huts out on the ice, but we chose to fish closer to shore in about ten feet of water. Once we were set up, one hole each, it did not take long for our rods to telegraph perch bites. We caught about a dozen in the first few hours. Then I hooked into one that took drag out, and since I was using power pro line, I had no worry about breakage. However, I did not account for the knot pulling out at the hook. When it did, I retied and down the hole again with those little minnows. The perch only let up brieftly and our total for an afternoon s work was 16 perch, 1 very small musky, and two good ones lost at the hole. What a great afternoon. We are going back and this time the knot gets tied right. Thanks to the members who let us know about the bait shop on the bay.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

cool stuff you caught a muskie
iv fished through out there and c bay for how long and havent got one
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Ya thats a rare catch, way to go! did you happen to get a pic?
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

TLunge wrote:Ya thats a rare catch, way to go! did you happen to get a pic?
A pic of an OOS Muskie????? :shock:
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
TLunge wrote:Ya thats a rare catch, way to go! did you happen to get a pic?
A pic of an OOS Muskie????? :shock:
:shock: hahaha i would take a pic :?
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

walleye man wrote:A pic of an OOS Muskie????? :shock:
:shock: hahaha i would take a pic :?[/quote]

That would be a Big time no no Walleyeman , The F-H wannabe police would tear you to pieces... :wink:
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Bass Addict wrote:
walleye man wrote:A pic of an OOS Muskie????? :shock:
:shock: hahaha i would take a pic :?

That would be a Big time no no Walleyeman , The F-H wannabe police would tear you to pieces... :wink:[/quote]

not saying i would post it up here but yes i would snap a quick pick i wouldnt be able to resist
Carmine
Participant
Participant

Post by Carmine »

Hey ya ive fished there in the summer and it has its god days and its bad, but the minnow shop near there is good. you should try there in the summer if you have a boat. if you go to the minow shop that is like in this guys garage then there is a boat launch just down the roadd launch there and go right and just as you see the bay anchor there and try your luck. there is usually a wwed line try fishing that
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Glad to hear of your success on Buckhams :D That musky would have been really cool, I have seen three big guys iced since December :shock: