Madawaska River walley help!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FowlDawg
Participant
Participant

Madawaska River walley help!

Post by FowlDawg »

I fish the madawaska quite a bit between Burnstown, and Calabogie. I just got a little piece of property near springtown, I had quite a lot of luck catching all kinds of fish in that area over the years. but still im having trouble with the Pickeral. i've caught a few so i know the're in there.
has anybody fished that area, and would like to share a few tips. it sure would be great!!
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes;
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more
- Lord Byron
Burgy
Participant
Participant

Post by Burgy »

How do you fish for them? Casting? Trolling? jigging? harnests?.......

Burgy
LORENZO
Participant
Participant

MADAWASKA

Post by LORENZO »

HI CHUCKY.

I have fish that strecth of water often. Now this is going back a few years now, go towards calabogie, until you get to an island that is located almost in the middle of the river you will reconize it because in the summer time it is almost inpossible to get on the other side because it is shallow and rocky, look on to your right, find a culvert. near that culvert ther was a big branch sticking out of the water, fish near that branch, also if you look almost directly across from that branch you will see a bay, nice smallies in that bay. I f you drive on the road and you are heading towards calabogie you should see the branch from the road. It is about 20 to 30 yards out. Good luck let me know how you did. I was using a jig head 1/4 once and a twister tail.

LORENZO
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I fish lower in the river form there, Saturday I picked up 6, but really had to work for them. I would expect this week end to be much better. I normally jig the old river walls, I just zig zag up and down the wall. If up there is the same just find the old river and work the wall at a point. Finding the old river is quite easy just watch the sonar when you see the water drop 20 feet you hit the original river. There a lot of old trees down there so carry lots of jigs.